TT lover's finale

bar

Guest
Look at the guys within 5 minutes of the lead on GC and pick out the
top TT guys ... there's your podium in Paris:

1. Valverde
2. Moreau
3. Kloden

> Look at the guys within 5 minutes of the lead on GC and pick out the
> top TT guys ... there's your podium in Paris:
>
> 1. Valverde
> 2. Moreau
> 3. Kloden

--------------
Does Moreau still cry like I've seen him do in the past? When he cries,
it's like a 3 year old, kind of a blubbering pouting type of crying, not
just a few tears like grown men do. Maybe he's grown up now.

In article <[email protected]>,
bar <[email protected]> wrote:

> Look at the guys within 5 minutes of the lead on GC and pick out the
> top TT guys ... there's your podium in Paris:
>
> 1. Valverde
> 2. Moreau
> 3. Kloden

I have an evil theory that there's enough mountains stages for Rasmussen
to make it a 10-minute lead exiting the mountains.

Well. not quite. Between the Alps and the Pyrenees this year, there's a
TT. There's one more Alpine stage tomorrow. We'll see what Rasmussen
does there.

In my opinion, the Tour will be a race of Rasmussen in the mountains
versus the TTists in the TTs. If Rasmussen is still in yellow after the
first TT, he's probably strong enough to win. If he's close, it's going
to be close. If he's way off, then I think the second TT will be the
funeral service for his GC dreams.

But those Pyrenean mountain stages are scaring me, and I don't even have
to ride them.

Starting July 22nd:
Sunday: Cat 2 warm-up, then HC, HC back to back to finish a 200 km stage
(mountain top finish on the second one).
Monday: 2, 2, 1, HC, 1, fast descent to the finish, 200 km.
Tuesday: rest
Wednesday: HC to start this time, then 3, 1, 1, HC mountain finish

So Rasmussen has four days left to do his thing, and the TTists have two
days to do theirs.

I'm excited. Are you excited?

bar wrote:
> Look at the guys within 5 minutes of the lead on GC and pick out the
> top TT guys ... there's your podium in Paris:
>
> 1. Valverde
> 2. Moreau
> 3. Kloden

I'll stick with my initial Vino-Cadel-Schleck

http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007/jun07/dauphinelibere07/?id=results/dauphinelibere073

1 Alexander Vinokourov (Kaz) Astana 52.08.95 (46,841 km/h)
2 Andrey Kashechkin (Kaz) Astana 0.08.45
3 David Zabriskie (USA) Team CSC 0.37.38
4 Cadel Evans (Aus) Predictor-Lotto 0.38.12
5 Denis Menchov (Rus) Rabobank 0.39.52
6 Stef Clement (Ned) Bouygues Telecom 1.06.13
7 Sylvain Chavanel (Fra) Cofidis 1.09.41
8 Levi Leipheimer (USA) Discovery Channel 1.10.68
9 Alejandro Valverde (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 1.17.60
10 David Millar (GBr) Saunier Duval-Prodir 1.35.52
11 Tadej Valjavec (Slo) Lampre-Fondital 1.44.64
12 Bert Grabsch (Ger) T-Mobile 2.07.77
13 George Hincapie (USA) Discovery Channel 2.09.11
14 Markus Fothen (Ger) Gerolsteiner 2.21.04
15 Volodymyr Dyudya (Ukr) Milram 2.21.22
16 Raivis Belohvosciks (Lat) Saunier Duval-Prodir 2.29.55
17 Egoi Martínez (Spa) Discovery Channel 2.29.98
18 Bernhard Kohl (Aut) Gerolsteiner 2.30.39
19 Thomas Voeckler (Fra) Bouygues Telecom 2.31.89
20 Maxim Iglinsky (Kaz) Astana 2.33.62
21 José Antonio Redondo (Spa) Astana 2.34.72
22 Dominique Cornu (Bel) Predictor-Lotto 2.34.96
23 Alexandre Botcharov (Rus) Crédit Agricole 2.46.16
24 Andriy Grivko (Ukr) Milram 2.49.50
25 Christophe Moreau (Fra) Ag2r Prévoyance 2.52.92

Ryan Cousineau wrote:

> But those Pyrenean mountain stages are scaring me, and I don't even have
> to ride them.
>
> Starting July 22nd:
> Sunday: Cat 2 warm-up, then HC, HC back to back to finish a 200 km stage
> (mountain top finish on the second one).
> Monday: 2, 2, 1, HC, 1, fast descent to the finish, 200 km.
> Tuesday: rest
> Wednesday: HC to start this time, then 3, 1, 1, HC mountain finish
>
> So Rasmussen has four days left to do his thing, and the TTists have two
> days to do theirs.
>
> I'm excited. Are you excited?

I would probably be more excited if I weren't so heavily sedated.

--
Bill Asher

> In article <[email protected]>,
> bar <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Look at the guys within 5 minutes of the lead on GC and pick out the
>> top TT guys ... there's your podium in Paris:
>>
>> 1. Valverde
>> 2. Moreau
>> 3. Kloden

> I have an evil theory that there's enough mountains stages for Rasmussen
> to make it a 10-minute lead exiting the mountains.
>
> Well. not quite. Between the Alps and the Pyrenees this year, there's a
> TT. There's one more Alpine stage tomorrow. We'll see what Rasmussen
> does there.
>
> In my opinion, the Tour will be a race of Rasmussen in the mountains
> versus the TTists in the TTs. If Rasmussen is still in yellow after the
> first TT, he's probably strong enough to win. If he's close, it's going
> to be close. If he's way off, then I think the second TT will be the
> funeral service for his GC dreams.
>
> But those Pyrenean mountain stages are scaring me, and I don't even have
> to ride them.
>
> Starting July 22nd:
> Sunday: Cat 2 warm-up, then HC, HC back to back to finish a 200 km stage
> (mountain top finish on the second one).
> Monday: 2, 2, 1, HC, 1, fast descent to the finish, 200 km.
> Tuesday: rest
> Wednesday: HC to start this time, then 3, 1, 1, HC mountain finish
>
> So Rasmussen has four days left to do his thing, and the TTists have two
> days to do theirs.
>
> I'm excited. Are you excited?

A little bit. And let's not forget there is another climber: Iban Mayo.

Benjo Maso

On Jul 16, 6:59 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> In my opinion, the Tour will be a race of Rasmussen in the mountains
> versus the TTists in the TTs. If Rasmussen is still in yellow after the
> first TT, he's probably strong enough to win. If he's close, it's going
> to be close. If he's way off, then I think the second TT will be the
> funeral service for his GC dreams.

If he's got a lead going into the final TT, maybe Rasmussen should
just forget the damn time-trial bike and ride his standard machine
rather than risk another abomination like 2005. He had a nice ride
yesterday though.

In article
<[email protected]>
,
bar <[email protected]> wrote:

> Look at the guys within 5 minutes of the lead on GC and pick out the
> top TT guys ... there's your podium in Paris:
>
> 1. Valverde
> 2. Moreau
> 3. Kloden

It will take a bunch more crashes to put Moreau on the podium.

--
Michael Press

In article
<[email protected]>
,
bar <[email protected]> wrote:

> Look at the guys within 5 minutes of the lead on GC and pick out the
> top TT guys ... there's your podium in Paris:
>
> 1. Valverde
> 2. Moreau
> 3. Kloden

The excitement over Moreau reminds me of a
particularly nasty movie.

The Great White Hype [1996]

The book makers are laughing.

--
Michael Press

In article <[email protected]>,
Michael Press <[email protected]> wrote:

> In article
> <[email protected]>
> ,
> bar <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > Look at the guys within 5 minutes of the lead on GC and pick out the
> > top TT guys ... there's your podium in Paris:
> >
> > 1. Valverde
> > 2. Moreau
> > 3. Kloden

> The excitement over Moreau reminds me of a
> particularly nasty movie.
>
> The Great White Hype [1996]
>
> The book makers are laughing.

Yep. I don't think he's in the same league as Valverde, Kloden and a few others in
the ITT.

--
tanx,
Howard

Never take a tenant with a monkey.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?

On Jul 16, 7:18 pm, "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > bar <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Look at the guys within 5 minutes of the lead on GC and pick out the
> >> top TT guys ... there's your podium in Paris:

> >> 1. Valverde
> >> 2. Moreau
> >> 3. Kloden

> > I have an evil theory that there's enough mountains stages for Rasmussen
> > to make it a 10-minute lead exiting the mountains.

> > Well. not quite. Between the Alps and the Pyrenees this year, there's a
> > TT. There's one more Alpine stage tomorrow. We'll see what Rasmussen
> > does there.

> > In my opinion, the Tour will be a race of Rasmussen in the mountains
> > versus the TTists in the TTs. If Rasmussen is still in yellow after the
> > first TT, he's probably strong enough to win. If he's close, it's going
> > to be close. If he's way off, then I think the second TT will be the
> > funeral service for his GC dreams.

> > But those Pyrenean mountain stages are scaring me, and I don't even have
> > to ride them.

> > Starting July 22nd:
> > Sunday: Cat 2 warm-up, then HC, HC back to back to finish a 200 km stage
> > (mountain top finish on the second one).
> > Monday: 2, 2, 1, HC, 1, fast descent to the finish, 200 km.
> > Tuesday: rest
> > Wednesday: HC to start this time, then 3, 1, 1, HC mountain finish

> > So Rasmussen has four days left to do his thing, and the TTists have two
> > days to do theirs.

> > I'm excited. Are you excited?

> A little bit. And let's not forget there is another climber: Iban Mayo.
>
> Benjo Maso

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Chicken in yellow (future Perdue
sponsorship, perhaps) in Paris ... but these two TTs are longish TTs,
and he just can't roll like Klodi, VV, and a super-motivated Moreau.
Also, the other GC hopefuls won't let him ride away as easily now that
he's a GC threat himself. Plus Vino is healing and you know sooner or
later he's gonna tear some **** up.

Meh. Chicken will probably crash 17 times in the first long TT anyway,
making the whole discussion moot.

On Jul 16, 4:18 pm, "benjo maso" <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Ryan Cousineau" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>
> news:[email protected]...
>

> > In article <[email protected]>,
> > bar <[email protected]> wrote:

> >> Look at the guys within 5 minutes of the lead on GC and pick out the
> >> top TT guys ... there's your podium in Paris:

> >> 1. Valverde
> >> 2. Moreau
> >> 3. Kloden

> > I have an evil theory that there's enough mountains stages for Rasmussen
> > to make it a 10-minute lead exiting the mountains.

> > Well. not quite. Between the Alps and the Pyrenees this year, there's a
> > TT. There's one more Alpine stage tomorrow. We'll see what Rasmussen
> > does there.

> > In my opinion, the Tour will be a race of Rasmussen in the mountains
> > versus the TTists in the TTs. If Rasmussen is still in yellow after the
> > first TT, he's probably strong enough to win. If he's close, it's going
> > to be close. If he's way off, then I think the second TT will be the
> > funeral service for his GC dreams.

> > But those Pyrenean mountain stages are scaring me, and I don't even have
> > to ride them.

> > Starting July 22nd:
> > Sunday: Cat 2 warm-up, then HC, HC back to back to finish a 200 km stage
> > (mountain top finish on the second one).
> > Monday: 2, 2, 1, HC, 1, fast descent to the finish, 200 km.
> > Tuesday: rest
> > Wednesday: HC to start this time, then 3, 1, 1, HC mountain finish

> > So Rasmussen has four days left to do his thing, and the TTists have two
> > days to do theirs.

> > I'm excited. Are you excited?

> A little bit. And let's not forget there is another climber: Iban Mayo.

As we've been reminded one or two times, it's not enough to go up
well, you also have to come down in one piece.

On Jul 16, 3:59 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:

> I have an evil theory that there's enough mountains stages for Rasmussen
> to make it a 10-minute lead exiting the mountains.
>
> Well. not quite. Between the Alps and the Pyrenees this year, there's a
> TT. There's one more Alpine stage tomorrow. We'll see what Rasmussen
> does there.
>
> In my opinion, the Tour will be a race of Rasmussen in the mountains
> versus the TTists in the TTs. If Rasmussen is still in yellow after the
> first TT, he's probably strong enough to win. If he's close, it's going
> to be close. If he's way off, then I think the second TT will be the
> funeral service for his GC dreams.

We don't know yet that Rasmussen can ride an entire
Tour's worth of mountain stages without having a bad
day (and I'm not even talking about the TTs).

I wouldn't assume that he can put 3 minutes into
Sastre and Menchov (or even Kloden et al) on every
mountain stage. There also aren't any mountain top
finishes between now and the first TT, so he isn't
going to have much of a cushion.

Ben

> On Jul 16, 3:59 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > I have an evil theory that there's enough mountains stages for Rasmussen
> > to make it a 10-minute lead exiting the mountains.
> >
> > Well. not quite. Between the Alps and the Pyrenees this year, there's a
> > TT. There's one more Alpine stage tomorrow. We'll see what Rasmussen
> > does there.
> >
> > In my opinion, the Tour will be a race of Rasmussen in the mountains
> > versus the TTists in the TTs. If Rasmussen is still in yellow after the
> > first TT, he's probably strong enough to win. If he's close, it's going
> > to be close. If he's way off, then I think the second TT will be the
> > funeral service for his GC dreams.
> >

> We don't know yet that Rasmussen can ride an entire
> Tour's worth of mountain stages without having a bad
> day (and I'm not even talking about the TTs).
>
> I wouldn't assume that he can put 3 minutes into
> Sastre and Menchov (or even Kloden et al) on every
> mountain stage. There also aren't any mountain top
> finishes between now and the first TT, so he isn't
> going to have much of a cushion.

This will be the first time he's had to avoid having a bad day in the mountains.
He's gotten the polka dots the last two years by simply being more consistent in the
mountains, but that's at a different level than what's needed to stay in yellow. I
doubt he can put a big enough cushion into everyone else to stay on top to the end. I
sure hope he's spent some time practicing time trialing.

--

On Jul 17, 12:59 am, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> In article <[email protected]>,
>
> bar <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Look at the guys within 5 minutes of the lead on GC and pick out the
> > top TT guys ... there's your podium in Paris:

> > 1. Valverde
> > 2. Moreau
> > 3. Kloden

> I have an evil theory that there's enough mountains stages for Rasmussen
> to make it a 10-minute lead exiting the mountains.
>
> Well. not quite. Between the Alps and the Pyrenees this year, there's a
> TT. There's one more Alpine stage tomorrow. We'll see what Rasmussen
> does there.
>
> In my opinion, the Tour will be a race of Rasmussen in the mountains
> versus the TTists in the TTs. If Rasmussen is still in yellow after the
> first TT, he's probably strong enough to win. If he's close, it's going
> to be close. If he's way off, then I think the second TT will be the
> funeral service for his GC dreams.
>
> But those Pyrenean mountain stages are scaring me, and I don't even have
> to ride them.
>
> Starting July 22nd:
> Sunday: Cat 2 warm-up, then HC, HC back to back to finish a 200 km stage
> (mountain top finish on the second one).
> Monday: 2, 2, 1, HC, 1, fast descent to the finish, 200 km.
> Tuesday: rest
> Wednesday: HC to start this time, then 3, 1, 1, HC mountain finish
>
> So Rasmussen has four days left to do his thing, and the TTists have two
> days to do theirs.
>
> I'm excited. Are you excited?
>
> --
> Ryan Cousineau [email protected]://www.wiredcola.com/
> "I don't want kids who are thinking about going into mathematics
> to think that they have to take drugs to succeed." -Paul Erdos

I think Rasmussen will lose about 1 minute per 10km in the TTs. Today
is going to be very interesting.

Joseph