Tubasti cleanup/ removal

tomgaul

Sep 10, 2003
I need to glue on new tires and want to clean off all the old glue and was wondering what to use as a solvent anyone with recommendations? I've found use Laquer Thinner works pretty good so far, but I was hoping for a better idea if possible. I also thought of some stuff I use in the elctronics field called "Freeze-It" maybe it would crystalize to make it easier to remove. What have you guys/girls tried?

tomgaul said:
I need to glue on new tires and want to clean off all the old glue and was wondering what to use as a solvent anyone with recommendations? I've found use Laquer Thinner works pretty good so far, but I was hoping for a better idea if possible. I also thought of some stuff I use in the elctronics field called "Freeze-It" maybe it would crystalize to make it easier to remove. What have you guys/girls tried?
I use mineral spirits to get rid of old tubular glue. I let it soak awhile to soften up then wipe clean. Acetone also works but you have to move fast and work a small section at a time because it evaporates so quickly. Tough spots I use a scotchbrite pad on with gentle pressure. I do the job outdoors for the added ventilation. I don't know if this is safe for carbon rims though.

John M said:
I use mineral spirits to get rid of old tubular glue. I let it soak awhile to soften up then wipe clean. Acetone also works but you have to move fast and work a small section at a time because it evaporates so quickly. Tough spots I use a scotchbrite pad on with gentle pressure. I do the job outdoors for the added ventilation. I don't know if this is safe for carbon rims though.
I'll have to give it a try, I'm running aluminium rims so it shouldn't be a problem.