Tubeless, crow-flavored

Discussion in 'Mountain Bikes' started by Scribe2b, Feb 10, 2003.

  1. Scribe2b

    Scribe2b Guest

    as a former debunker of tubeless tires, 3 words--- I WAS WRONG. bought a used set of wheels to
    try. bike--- 94 ocoee, WM sc-70 fork, syncros steel cranks, xc-pro thumbies, flat bar with
    bareends etc, i'm onr of those guys anyway, just back from 2 days of rocky so-Cal dirt, first time
    to try tubeless.

    yeah they roll faster yeah they hook up better yeah they make a hardtail much cushier riding many
    rocks, no pinch flats, no nothing crossmax USTS with explorer pros wow this crow is YUMMy jc

    Tags:

  2. Bill Wheeler

    Bill Wheeler Guest

    On 10 Feb 2003 16:04:27 GMT, [email protected] (Scribe2b) wrote:

    >as a former debunker of tubeless tires, 3 words--- I WAS WRONG.
    Feels great to say those words and mean it.

    [snip]

    >this crow is YUMMy jc

    Couldn't POSSIBLY be better than my crow. Here's my recipe

    2 years of bashing so called hype driven idiots for using discs

    2 years of nothing but praise for V brakes

    2 years of bashing people who don't know how to set V's up.

    1 Day, just 1 day, of riding my SS with discs in the front and rear.

    Mix it all up in AMB and the crow doesn't get better.

    Peace, Bill(tasty aint it?)Wheeler The mind serves properly as a window glass rather than as
    a reflector, that is, the mind should give an immediate view instead of an interpretation of
    the world.
    :-]

  3. Scribe2b

    Scribe2b Guest

    >1 Day, just 1 day, of riding my SS with discs in the front and rear.
    /////////

    AIIEEEE! NOW i HAVE to get discs!!!!!??? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! more crow time ahead jc

  4. Shaun Rimmer

    Shaun Rimmer Guest

    Bill Wheeler <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > On 10 Feb 2003 16:04:27 GMT, [email protected] (Scribe2b) wrote:
    >
    > >as a former debunker of tubeless tires, 3 words--- I WAS WRONG.
    > Feels great to say those words and mean it.
    >
    > [snip]
    >
    > >this crow is YUMMy jc
    >
    > Couldn't POSSIBLY be better than my crow. Here's my recipe
    >
    > 2 years of bashing so called hype driven idiots for using discs
    >
    > 2 years of nothing but praise for V brakes
    >
    > 2 years of bashing people who don't know how to set V's up.
    >
    > 1 Day, just 1 day, of riding my SS with discs in the front and rear.
    >
    > Mix it all up in AMB and the crow doesn't get better.

    Awwwe, c'mon Bill, we wuz all real gentle widja really ',;~}

    Shaun aRe

  5. Cowpoo

    Cowpoo Guest

    I just got my notubes sytem for non-ust tires/rims.

    best $57 I ever spent.

    notubes.com

  6. Scribe2b

    Scribe2b Guest

    >I just got my notubes sytem for non-ust tires/rims.

    what happens when you flat? thanks jc

  7. Scribe2b wrote:
    >>I just got my notubes sytem for non-ust tires/rims.
    >

    > what happens when you flat? thanks jc

    according to notubes, you probably won't. And if you do, you just spin the wheel until the latex
    fills the hole. They put some pretty massive screws and nails in those tires, and they seal up....
    its impressive.

    check www.notubes.com

    Jon Bond

  8. "Jonathan Bond" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    | Scribe2b wrote:
    | >>I just got my notubes sytem for non-ust tires/rims.
    | >

    | > what happens when you flat? thanks jc
    |
    | according to notubes, you probably won't. And if you do, you just spin the wheel until the latex
    | fills the hole. They put some pretty massive screws and nails in those tires, and they seal up....
    | its impressive.

    In reality, you need to carry a tube, especially if you ride in the wet.

    --
    Pete Fagerlin

    Save Fruita trails! http://www.petefagerlin.com/bookcliffs.htm