Turner, so errm you know that horst link we said was invaluable

spademan o---[) *

Guest
well we've had a rethink...
<http://www.turnerbikes.com/TNT/index.html>

Its a helluva turn-around, but it wouldn't stop me from buying another
Turner.
Steve.

"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> well we've had a rethink...
> <http://www.turnerbikes.com/TNT/index.html>
>
> Its a helluva turn-around, but it wouldn't stop me from buying another
> Turner.

By your post I was worried that they were going to license that VVP ****.
I'm going to switch to Ventana next bike, anyway, which is similar to
Turner's new setup so no biggie.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > well we've had a rethink...
> > <http://www.turnerbikes.com/TNT/index.html>
> >
> > Its a helluva turn-around, but it wouldn't stop me from buying another
> > Turner.

> By your post I was worried that they were going to license that VVP ****.
> I'm going to switch to Ventana next bike, anyway, which is similar to
> Turner's new setup so no biggie.
>
> Greg

Why the switch?

/s

****.
> > I'm going to switch to Ventana next bike, anyway, which is similar to
> > Turner's new setup so no biggie.
> >
> > Greg

> Why the switch?

It won't be for a very long time unless I win the lottery so by that time it
may be something other than the Ventana. But right now I would get the
Ventana X-5 over my current Turner 5 Spot because of the better top-tube
junk clearance, pivot bearings, and a slightly shorter wheelbase.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>G.T. wrote:
>>
>>>"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in

> message
>
>>>news:[email protected]...

>>>By your post I was worried that they were going to license that VVP

> ****.
>
>>>I'm going to switch to Ventana next bike, anyway, which is similar to
>>>Turner's new setup so no biggie.
>>>
>>>Greg

>>Why the switch?
>>

> It won't be for a very long time unless I win the lottery so by that time it
> may be something other than the Ventana. But right now I would get the
> Ventana X-5 over my current Turner 5 Spot because of the better top-tube
> junk clearance, pivot bearings, and a slightly shorter wheelbase.
>
> Greg

Greg,
I love my Ventana and was under similar influence as you when I bought
it. I can't compare it to the Turner because I have no experience with
that ride, but the El Saltamontes is all he promised it would be :)

--
Craig Brossman, Durango Colorado

Owner/Operator of the Pekingnese Ranch.

In article <[email protected]>,
[email protected] says...
> Subject: Re: Turner, so errm you know that horst link we said was invaluable
> From: [email protected]
> Newsgroups: alt.mountain-bike
>

> G.T. wrote:
> > "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> > news:[email protected]...
> > > well we've had a rethink...
> > > <http://www.turnerbikes.com/TNT/index.html>
> > >
> > > Its a helluva turn-around, but it wouldn't stop me from buying another
> > > Turner.

> > By your post I was worried that they were going to license that VVP ****.
> > I'm going to switch to Ventana next bike, anyway, which is similar to
> > Turner's new setup so no biggie.
> >
> > Greg

> Why the switch?

Is the title of the video "How to move the horst link to an area that
doesn't infringe on Specialized's patent."? I would like to know why
there is no orange derailleur hanger in the comparison.

Per Chris Phillipo:
>Is the title of the video "How to move the horst link to an area that
>doesn't infringe on Specialized's patent."? I would like to know why
>there is no orange derailleur hanger in the comparison.

Which begs the question: has anybody heard how iDrive's infringement suit
against Maverick came out?
--
PeteCresswell

A lot of people have being saying they will switch to Ventana, they see
no reason to stay with Turner if they drop the horst-link. Personally
I've no blind loyalty but my RFX has done everything I wanted it to.
I've never had a problem with the bushings, and I've absoloutely no
desire to change it after 4 years. When (if) the time comes for
replacement another Turner will be top of the list.

"spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> A lot of people have being saying they will switch to Ventana, they see
> no reason to stay with Turner if they drop the horst-link. Personally
> I've no blind loyalty but my RFX has done everything I wanted it to.
> I've never had a problem with the bushings, and I've absoloutely no
> desire to change it after 4 years. When (if) the time comes for
> replacement another Turner will be top of the list.

I'm sure it will be another 3 or 4 years before I start thinking about a
replacement.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>
>>A lot of people have being saying they will switch to Ventana, they see
>>no reason to stay with Turner if they drop the horst-link. Personally
>>I've no blind loyalty but my RFX has done everything I wanted it to.
>>I've never had a problem with the bushings, and I've absoloutely no
>>desire to change it after 4 years. When (if) the time comes for
>>replacement another Turner will be top of the list.
>>

> I'm sure it will be another 3 or 4 years before I start thinking about a
> replacement.
>
> Greg

I was just thinking about this last evening while cleaning and lubing.
My Ventana has 2 hard years on it, one or two scratches :), several
derailure hangers, and is riding great. No thoughts of replacement
anytime soon.
I love the way the bike rides, it fits my style, or lack-there-of.
Do I have to ride this forever? Can I get it repainted at some point in
time? Is it is poor taste to replace the head badge?

Next time I'm buying a Tomac, my buddies who have ridden them get a new
bike every year.

--

Craig Brossman wrote:
> G.T. wrote:
>
>> "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>
>>> A lot of people have being saying they will switch to Ventana, they see
>>> no reason to stay with Turner if they drop the horst-link. Personally
>>> I've no blind loyalty but my RFX has done everything I wanted it to.
>>> I've never had a problem with the bushings, and I've absoloutely no
>>> desire to change it after 4 years. When (if) the time comes for
>>> replacement another Turner will be top of the list.
>>>

>> I'm sure it will be another 3 or 4 years before I start thinking about a
>> replacement.
>>
>> Greg
>>

> I was just thinking about this last evening while cleaning and lubing.
> My Ventana has 2 hard years on it, one or two scratches :), several
> derailure hangers, and is riding great. No thoughts of replacement
> anytime soon.
> I love the way the bike rides, it fits my style, or lack-there-of.
> Do I have to ride this forever? Can I get it repainted at some point in
> time? Is it is poor taste to replace the head badge?
>
> Next time I'm buying a Tomac, my buddies who have ridden them get a new
> bike every year.

As you may have heard. Tomac is no longer being manufactured by American
Bicycle Group (ABG). AS of right now, no new bikes are being made. It's
sad, because I wanted to get a Tomac Eli. I'm going wait and see if
things change.

"Mtnbiker" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Craig Brossman wrote:
> > G.T. wrote:
> >
> >> "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in

message
> >> news:[email protected]...

see

> >> I'm sure it will be another 3 or 4 years before I start thinking about

> >> replacement.
> >>
> >> Greg
> >>

> > I was just thinking about this last evening while cleaning and lubing.
> > My Ventana has 2 hard years on it, one or two scratches :), several
> > derailure hangers, and is riding great. No thoughts of replacement
> > anytime soon.
> > I love the way the bike rides, it fits my style, or lack-there-of.
> > Do I have to ride this forever? Can I get it repainted at some point in
> > time? Is it is poor taste to replace the head badge?
> >
> > Next time I'm buying a Tomac, my buddies who have ridden them get a new
> > bike every year.
> >

> As you may have heard. Tomac is no longer being manufactured by American
> Bicycle Group (ABG). AS of right now, no new bikes are being made. It's
> sad, because I wanted to get a Tomac Eli. I'm going wait and see if
> things change.

Serves them right for doing typical marketing lies. "0 effect" travel path
and "pedal kickback all but eliminated". ********.

Greg

G.T. wrote:
> "spademan o---[) *" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> > well we've had a rethink...
> > <http://www.turnerbikes.com/TNT/index.html>
> >
> > Its a helluva turn-around, but it wouldn't stop me from buying another
> > Turner.

> By your post I was worried that they were going to license that VVP ****.
> I'm going to switch to Ventana next bike, anyway, which is similar to
> Turner's new setup so no biggie.
>
> Greg

The geometry and other crucial angles in the swingarm/shock positioning
of the Ventana El Saltamontes is more refined than the Turners. Not
saying the Turners are designed porly, but that the Ventanas are
designed better and the fact that SHerwood builds his bikes in-house
makes enough of a difference.

The Tomacs had more than just a couple of issues, the most crucial
being the fabrication, which was inconsistent at best. That's the
reason Dreamride only sold them for a very short period of time.

JD