UK source for Campagnolo spare parts

Tim

Guest
Can anyone recommend a source for Campagnolo spare parts in the UK? I
am specifically interested in rebuilding a Chorus 9 speed RH ergo, and
am after the indexing ratchet RE-EC063 and springs RE-EC209 and
RE-EC215.

I have so far identified three sources:
- buy a Mirage 9 lever and take it apart
- import from the USA (http://www.brandfordbike.com/)
- paying my LBS to service the lever (they are strangely unwilling to
let me buy the bits)

Thank you for you suggestions

Tim (Littlehampton, West Sussex)

Tim wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a source for Campagnolo spare parts in the UK? I
> am specifically interested in rebuilding a Chorus 9 speed RH ergo, and
> am after the indexing ratchet RE-EC063 and springs RE-EC209 and
> RE-EC215.

Ratchet will be expensive and is highly unlikely to need replacing unless
upgrading pre 2001 lever to current spec.

> I have so far identified three sources:
> - buy a Mirage 9 lever and take it apart

Not a bad idea if ratchet is required, especially considering new Ergos
are supplied with hoods, cables and stops -- each worth quite a few
pounds.

> - import from the USA (http://www.brandfordbike.com/)
> - paying my LBS to service the lever (they are strangely unwilling
> to let me buy the bits)

- Mercian Cycles
- Parker International
- Italian Cycle Products

Phone or email for prices (items not on websites).

~PB, UK

OR give me a call or email to me. BTW, unless you want to upgrade,
there is no need to replace the shift disc/index ratchet. In the 14 or
so years I have been mucking with ERGO, I have never seen a ratchet
wear out.
Branford should be ashamed if they are rec. that you change a worn out
disc.

Qui si parla Campagnolo said:
OR give me a call or email to me. BTW, unless you want to upgrade,
there is no need to replace the shift disc/index ratchet. In the 14 or
so years I have been mucking with ERGO, I have never seen a ratchet
wear out.
Branford should be ashamed if they are rec. that you change a worn out
disc.

I would thoroughly recommend a guy called Jeff at Mercian Cycles in
Derby. They've serviced my 2 sets of spare 8 speed ergos recently.

www.merciancycles.co.uk

Mercian Cycles Limited
7 Shardlow Road
Alverston