Ullrich announces he will take DNA test to prove innocence....

WarrenG said:
Here's how it works at a certain organization... Riders come in to the offices for a consultation, do various performance tests like LT, Vo2max, etc.. Blood samples are taken and studied. Then an expert on blood and cycling performance reviews the information and has a consult with the rider, explaining what the doctor's services could provide for that rider in terms of improved performances.
This does not wash. We are not talking about a few milliliters of blood suitable for testing; we are talking about units of 450 ml. Some of the blood has evidently had its RBCs separated and they have been stored in glycerol at -80 C. There is no reasonable explanation other than blood doping.

Trying to argue that the blood had not yet been transfused so there is no doping offense is reminiscent of the time Dario Frigo was caught with a suitcase full of dope. He claimed he was not doping, he had the drugs with him in just case he needed them.

Bro Deal said:
This does not wash. We are not talking about a few milliliters of blood suitable for testing; we are talking about units of 450 ml. Some of the blood has evidently had its RBCs separated and they have been stored in glycerol at -80 C. There is no reasonable explanation other than blood doping.

Trying to argue that the blood had not yet been transfused so there is no doping offense is reminiscent of the time Dario Frigo was caught with a suitcase full of dope. He claimed he was not doping, he had the drugs with him in just case he needed them.
96 bags with RBCs and 20 bags with plasma blood.
Edited ( I am reading the Guardia Civil report as I write).
Add 89 bags of RBCs and another 19 bags of plasma from another location.

In total 185 bags of RBCs and 39 of plasma blood.

Without a doubt this was blood doping. The question is who's guilty.Like Lim said .....

McQuaid said "we will hear soon."

But I would not hold my breath.

The Civil Guard is making a criminal case with this against the doctors. I have a feeling the UCI pushed the Civil Guard before it was really ready in releasing the full info. The press releases could have came from anywhere, and maybe the Civil Guard wanted them leaked.So far we have not have had a denial of any of the info that has been leaked. {have we?]

The Civil Guards agenda is making a case, not satisfying the fans of JU and Basso. ProCycling really does deserve the respect of the civil authorities. The civil authorities are cleaning up the mess ProCycling should have cleaned up.

In my eyes it really looks damning to JU and Basso if some of the leaked info is correct. Some of the "it could be this way explanations " are just too far reaching to be accurate.

Basso has been flying in both Giro's and a TDF. He is a logical suspect. Ju is the surprise here. He simply has not had the results of a gifted athlete that is doping. I would have expected better results from him in 2004/2005..... the suspected doping years.

And TM seemed totally intent in getting JU out of there. But they have legal aspects to consider.

The TDF is a dance this year . We have a race of two races. One is the race for yellow...... . but not by too much... We cannot win by too much or suspicisions arise..... I laugh at Phonaks reasoning of not wanting to control the race. This race isn't hard enough to make it hard to control. There is no difference in contolling the race in first place or having to control it with a rider in second if the first place rider is not a GC hopeful.
The strategy is the same.

Then we have the second race ...... The race to win stages by riders who really would not normally win them. Most of these attempts fail, but these riders know it is their only chance in their cycling career to possibly win a stage. These are possibly the clean riders.

I suspect every major GC rider that is not attempting to win.... [sprinters excluded]

Then we have teams like Discovery. Either they are riding this TDF clean to prevent any positives or the Spanish riders have dumped to ride the Vuelta. I did npt expect a podium placement, but they are better then what they show.

whiteboytrash said:
Jan Ullrich has said today from his home in Switzerland that he will take a DNA test to prove the blood doesn't belong to him... what will Basso do ?
aaas