Ullrich to ride the Giro...?

From what I've read, it's still not certain but is looking increasingly likely. He has stated that if he does ride, it won't be for the win, which although you can see his reasoning, especially with Basso not doing the Giro, in one way is a shame. I would love to see him do the double, not least because it would be something that Armstrong never even attempted. I have always believed that Jan would benefit from racing more before the tour rather than training. I also think all the top riders should do at least two of the grand tours each year unless injured. Jan should have attemted the Vuelta this year especially after failing to win the tour. The Giro and Vuelta are suffering as a result of the tendancy by most of the top riders to just concentrate on the tour. I'm sure that like me you know of several so called cycling fans (i.e LA fans) who don't even know the Giro and Vuelta exist, let alone all the other races. Sometimes I wonder if Pantani will be the last to win two tours in the the same year, which would be a great shame.
(By the way, I've not been on here for a while due to being very busy at work. Those of you who are always posting, how do you find the time?)

Ullefan said:
Those crazy Germans ! I'm sure the non-German speakers like Mickey Rogers had a great time on camp.... been good to see Jan fall off the flying fox a tear a thigh muscle or break his back.... €1.6 million done the drain !

It was actually good to see Jan having such a laugh and good time... he always seems so serious..... anyone want a translation of the gags ?

ja gut, bitte

whiteboytrash said:
Those crazy Germans ! I'm sure the non-German speakers like Mickey Rogers had a great time on camp.... been good to see Jan fall off the flying fox a tear a thigh muscle or break his back.... €1.6 million done the drain !

It was actually good to see Jan having such a laugh and good time... he always seems so serious..... anyone want a translation of the gags ?

whiteboytrash said:
Maybe Mayo ride the Giro as well, no ? (Ullrich, Cuneago, Simoni, Landis - its going to be one hell of a line up !)
_____

There is also a strong possibility that Mayo will ride the Giro d’Italia as preparation for the Tour, but Mayo refused to be drawn on this in Derio. “Last year was a very bad one for me,” he admitted. “When you have a year like that you want things to be different the next season. So we are all starting from zero and hoping that things improve for us so that we can have a good year.” Hardly startling stuff, although he did reveal that he would probably ride “a little bit more” early in the season.
On the T-Mobile team website, Mathias Kessler wrote in his diary of the trainingcamp in South Africa that he, Jan Ullrich and Andreas Klöden heard about Ivan Basso`s decision to ride the Giro ón the internet and that they would ride the Giro next year too. Does this means that Klöden will ride the Giro ??? Probebly yes! On Monday there was an article about Basso on the T-Mobile website. In the article they wrote that Jan and Ivan will meet eachother during the Giro and the Tour...