Used OLMO road bike - help needed

TheVoice

Aug 16, 2010
Hello guys,

I'm about to buy my first road bike and need some help. I'm thinking about buying this used OLMO. How much do you think this bike worth?

Shimano Exage group
with the exception of the front derailleur which is Shimano 105,
Mavic MA2 rims (622)

olmo.jpg
olmo4.jpg
olmo3.jpg
olmo1.jpg

IMO. The minimum value == $450(US) ...
The frame is worth at least $200 ... possibly, a lot more.

The wheels are worth at least $100 ... you could probably resell them for more than that on eBay.

The components are worth at least $150.

alfeng said:
IMO. The minimum value == $450(US) ...
The frame is worth at least $200 ... possibly, a lot more.

The wheels are worth at least $100 ... you could probably resell them for more than that on eBay.

The components are worth at least $150.

Wow... That sounds kinda unbelievable to me, cuz it costs 140 US$. If you are right, it's a "once in a lifetime" opportunity. :)

@garage sale GT Thanks for the heads-up, it suits me 100%.

Very similar to a bike I bought at a lawn sale a couple of years ago...A Miele Road Issue made by Alta, Exage Sport/LX, I replaced the drops with a flat bar and levers from the junk bin, swapped the fork for a new Bianchi fork.

Bike cost $20.00, fork $75.00, new tires and tubes $30.00

This bike does everything well, accelerates, fast of the roads, and climbs like a goat.

12720d1281988237-used-olmo-road-bike-help-needed-bike-jpg

TheVoice said:
Wow... That sounds kinda unbelievable to me, cuz it costs 140 US$. If you are right, it's a "once in a lifetime" opportunity. :)

@garage sale GT Thanks for the heads-up, it suits me 100%.

I tend to collect old bikes that I come across at thrift shops and lawn sales...picked up this Gitane Professional Tour de France for $15.00...also put a flat bar and tool pouch on it.

12794d1282920711-used-olmo-road-bike-help-needed-bike3-jpg