Using Polar HRM with a Cateye speed sensor

Jason Spaceman

Guest
I have a Polar s720i heartrate monitor/cycle computer, with the Polar
speed sensor mounted on my road bike.

On my mountain bike I have a Cateye Cordless 2 cyclecomputer.

Is it possible to use the Cateye speed sensor, mounted on my
MTB's fork, with the Polar HRM, and get accurate speed and distance
information from it?

I'm guessing no, that they probably use different frequencies or
something like that; but I just want to see if anybody has actually
tried it.

J. Spaceman

"Jason Spaceman" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
>I have a Polar s720i heartrate monitor/cycle computer, with the Polar speed
>sensor mounted on my road bike.
>
> On my mountain bike I have a Cateye Cordless 2 cyclecomputer.
>
> Is it possible to use the Cateye speed sensor, mounted on my MTB's fork,
> with the Polar HRM, and get accurate speed and distance information from
> it?
>
> I'm guessing no, that they probably use different frequencies or
> something like that; but I just want to see if anybody has actually
> tried it.

Why don't you try it yourself. You have all the components.

Lou