UST question

Chris Zacho "Th

Guest
Is it possible to mount a UST (tubeless) tire on a standard
(tube type) rim if you use an inner tube?

"May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear
for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Originally posted by Chris Zacho "Th
Is it possible to mount a UST (tubeless) tire on a standard
(tube type) rim if you use an inner tube?

"May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear
for the hills!"

Chris'Z Corner http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

Yeap, It is just quite a bit harder to mount it and take it off to change flats.

Eric

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 00:45:36 -0500 (EST), [email protected]
(Chris Zacho "The Wheelman") wrote:

>Is it possible to mount a UST (tubeless) tire on a standard
>(tube type) rim if you use an inner tube?
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>"May you have the wind at your back. And a really low gear
>for the hills!"
>
>Chris Zacho ~ "Your Friendly Neighborhood Wheelman"
>
>Chris'Z Corner http://www.geocities.com/czcorner

It's possible, but why would you want to use a heavier and
much more expensive tyre than the conventional equivalent?
OK, I did it with some worn out Hutchinson Scorpions when I
took them off my race bike and put them on my non-UST hack
bike, so maybe getting all the value out of an expensive
fast wearing tyre is a reason.

Kinky Cowboy*

*Batteries not included May contain traces of nuts Your
milage may vary

Chris Zacho The Wheelman wrote:

> Is it possible to mount a UST (tubeless) tire on a
> standard (tube type) rim if you use an inner tube?

Yes. There are a few demos (Tire/tube/rim no spokes) in my
showroom right now

--
Andrew Muzi www.yellowjersey.org Open every day since 1
April, 1971

Thanks. I suspected as much, but wasn't sure. For all I know
there might have been some size discrepency or something.

From: [email protected] (Kinky=A0Cowboy)
>It's possible, but why would you want to use a heavier and
>much more expensive tyre than the conventional equivalent?

>Kinky Cowboy*
>
>*Batteries not included May contain traces of nuts Your
>milage may vary

In case I ever come across a tire/tread I like and it is
_only_ available in UST. Not a problem, YET. But in this
industry, you never know...