Velonews has never heard of Eddy Merckx



On Oct 30, 3:03 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> On Oct 30, 12:33 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > "Belgium's biggest cycling star once rode a Ridley:"

>
> >http://www.velonews.com/train/articles/13597.0.html

>
> >http://velonews.com/slideshow.php?article_id=13597&image_id=21257&dir...

>
> Is it just me or does everyone have the impression that someone is
> being paid a lot of graft to make those stupid claims?


Not just you. I was wondering the same. How much did Velo-snooze get
paid for the ad disguised as an article?

"not quite (45%) market share in the USA". Hah! not even Pacific
could make that claim here. or Giant, or Schwinn or Trek or
Cannondale or NEXT or Magna or .......
 
R

Ryan Cousineau

Guest
In article <[email protected]>,
"[email protected]" <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Oct 30, 3:03 pm, [email protected] wrote:
> > On Oct 30, 12:33 pm, Ryan Cousineau <[email protected]> wrote:
> >
> > > "Belgium's biggest cycling star once rode a Ridley:"

> >
> > >http://www.velonews.com/train/articles/13597.0.html

> >
> > >http://velonews.com/slideshow.php?article_id=13597&image_id=21257&dir...

> >
> > Is it just me or does everyone have the impression that someone is
> > being paid a lot of graft to make those stupid claims?

>
> Not just you. I was wondering the same. How much did Velo-snooze get
> paid for the ad disguised as an article?
>
> "not quite (45%) market share in the USA". Hah! not even Pacific
> could make that claim here. or Giant, or Schwinn or Trek or
> Cannondale or NEXT or Magna or .......


No doubt. But I read the articles just for the photos.

--
Ryan Cousineau [email protected] http://www.wiredcola.com/
"My scenarios may give the impression I could be an excellent crook.
Not true - I am a talented lawyer." - Sandy in rec.bicycles.racing
 
B

Bill C

Guest
On Oct 30, 6:59 pm, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
wrote:

>
> Boonen _is_ Belgium's biggest cycling star. Merckx is
> Belgium's greatest rider ever. No contradiction.
>
> Ben


Yep, stars fade into legends, if they're lucky, but if they aren't
doing it currently they fade. Flavor of the minute.
Bill C
 
D

Dan Connelly

Guest
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> "Belgium's biggest cycling star once rode a Ridley:"
>


Obviously it's star in present tense.
 
D

Dan Connelly

Guest
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
> "Belgium's biggest cycling star once rode a Ridley:"
>


Obviously it's star in present tense.
 
D

Dan Connelly

Guest
Bill C wrote:

> Yep, stars fade into legends, if they're lucky, but if they aren't
> doing it currently they fade. Flavor of the minute.
> Bill C
>


Who is the star of the Belgian National Team this year? Eddy?

Follow-up to Rec.Bicycles.Retro-Grouch....

Dan
 
D

Dan Connelly

Guest
Bill C wrote:

> Yep, stars fade into legends, if they're lucky, but if they aren't
> doing it currently they fade. Flavor of the minute.
> Bill C
>


Who is the star of the Belgian National Team this year? Eddy?

Follow-up to Rec.Bicycles.Retro-Grouch....

Dan
 

Similar threads