Velonews: Nicki Sorensen Admits To Doping In Early Part Of Career

articlebot

Jan 3, 2005
SPTDW1047-320x213.jpg
Nicki Sorensen admitted to doping during the 2004 Olympics, according to media reports. Photo: Tim De Waele | TDWsport.com
Former professional cyclist Nicki Sorensen has admitted to doping during the first part of his career.
“I doped. I admit that. I’m sorry for it,” the former Tinkoff-Saxo rider told Danish website BT.dk. “This happened in the early part of my career, more than 10 years ago.”
Sorensen, 40, a four-time Danish national champion and a Tour de France stage winner, is now a sport director at the Tinkoff-Saxo team, the last squad he rode for before his retirement.
He will be named in an impending report from Anti-Doping Denmark (ADD), which also investigated former Tinkoff team boss Bjarne Riis and relies heavily on the testimony of former Tour de France yellow jersey wearer Michael Rasmussen.
“I told ADD of my experiences. I did this to ease my conscience and because I also wanted to help the sport of cycling,” Sorensen said.
Danish media reported that Sorensen admitted to doping during the 2004 Olympic Games, but those reports have not been confirmed.
The post Nicki Sorensen admits to doping in early part of career appeared first on VeloNews.com.

View the full article