{Vic} Amy's Ride - Victoria, 6th January 2007

cfsmtb

New Member
Apr 11, 2003
4,963
Amy's Ride is on again for 2007, and rooman casually mentioned something about doing the 120km option. I reckon I'll be in that with a more disciplined training approach. (hahahahahaha)

Anyway, from memory most of the route out towards Bellarine was reasonable flat-ish with only one major "undulation". Futher details on the AGF website.

Early entires can win something that looks like a grownup version of a Topeak Bikamper Tent. ;)

http://www.amygillett.org.au/index.php/amy_s_ride_2007

cfsmtb said:
Amy's Ride is on again for 2007, and rooman casually mentioned something about doing the 120km option. I reckon I'll be in that with a more disciplined training approach. (hahahahahaha)

Anyway, from memory most of the route out towards Bellarine was reasonable flat-ish with only one major "undulation". Futher details on the AGF website.

Early entires can win something that looks like a grownup version of a Topeak Bikamper Tent. ;)

http://www.amygillett.org.au/index.php/amy_s_ride_2007

I'll probably do the 40km ride with my son on the tag-a-long. The extra weight makes if feel like twice that distance.

ghostgum said:
I'll probably do the 40km ride with my son on the tag-a-long. The extra weight makes if feel like twice that distance.

Did you have that on the Aeolian Ride?

cfsmtb said:
Did you have that on the Aeolian Ride?

Yes, I was trying to video and take still photos while riding the MTB with my son on the tag-a-long. Actually, I didn't try to do both at the same time - that would have been suicidal. But I did keep riding past the Aeolian riders then, stopping, then attempting to video them going past.

ghostgum wrote:
> cfsmtb Wrote:
>> Did you have that on the Aeolian Ride?

> Yes, I was trying to video and take still photos while riding the MTB
> with my son on the tag-a-long. Actually, I didn't try to do both at
> the same time - that would have been suicidal. But I did keep riding
> past the Aeolian riders then, stopping, then attempting to video them
> going past.

I did the bay ride (40km) with daughter in tow on the tag-a-long.
Amy's ride is *my* ride - 120km on the roadie :)

spoken4 said:
I did the bay ride (40km) with daughter in tow on the tag-a-long.
Amy's ride is *my* ride - 120km on the roadie :)

Idly considering sloppily putting a team (of sorts) together for the Geelong 120km. Idly considering nicking Team LA's slogan (or was it a random BNE ride?)

Slow. Proud. Not matchfit. Join us.

cfsmtb wrote:
> spoken4 Wrote:
>> I did the bay ride (40km) with daughter in tow on the tag-a-long.
>> Amy's ride is *my* ride - 120km on the roadie :)

> Idly considering sloppily putting a team (of sorts) together for the
> Geelong 120km. Idly considering nicking Team LA's slogan (or was it a
> random BNE ride?)
>
> Slow. Proud. Not matchfit. Join us.

Sounds good. I'm pretty certain I have a couple of others riding but not
confirmed.

spoken4 said:
Sounds good. I'm pretty certain I have a couple of others riding but not
confirmed.

With just under two months to go we can organise a few things, last year we got shared transport, accommodation & few other things sussed out. Maybe a "coffee cart" or a nearby *bike friendly cafe*? Know *just* the place, shall fire off a email/phone call soon. :)

cfsmtb said:
How kind of you. :)
paid mah moolah for the $120, helped get me out of the Vic Track Masters that day...phew... cant peak three times in one year you know!

love it - "Slow. Proud. Not matchfit"...

rooman said:
paid mah moolah for the $120, helped get me out of the Vic Track Masters that day...phew... cant peak three times in one year you know!

love it - "Slow. Proud. Not matchfit"...

Now heading out to shed to get the windtrainer, I'm going to beat this fugging post op fatigue. Grrrrrr! :p

Here's a little vid I put together of Saturdays Amy's Ride. As many of you present down there on the day would know, the westerly was an absolute ******* and combined with the 30C+ temps, I'm damn pleased I made the correct decision to not ride either of the courses. However, to those brave souls who actually completed the 70km & 120km, the Alex Lloyd pop tune is for you. Rather schmaltzy but the thought is there, as the estimated 2,700 riders suffered a hellva lot more than me..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jM36AXkLHI

Despite the gale force winds, I had a enthralling day riding around the thriving metropolis of Geelong, enjoying a java and mint slice at Cafe 9 Zero (Hi Russ!), then contending with the delights of the Princes traffic sewer *cough* Highway. To top off our meanderings around the foreshore, pedally and I were savagely belted off the road by a feral gust of wind on Hearne Parade while riding to Limeburners Point. Ouch. Luckily no real damage incurred other than scuffed bartape and a adrenaline surge.

More here on Amy's Ride and the Jayco Bay Cycling Classic. ;)