Vincolo Prolite Carbon Road Bike Ultegra 10 Speed

mtbspecialized

Jan 22, 2005

Hey Guys,

Does anybody own or know someone who rides this bike. I was going to purchase the Specialized Allez Elite for $1200 but just found this all carbon bike for $1600. It's still within my budget.

Does anyone know anything about this bicycle. I can't seem to be able to get much information about it. Any recommendations on wheter or not this is a good buy, compared with Specialized Allez.

Here is the link and pictures...
http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/14421-018_VINPL5-3-parts-47-Bikes/Vincolo-Prolite-Carbon-Road-Bike-Ultegra-10-Speed.htm

Thanks,
Ark

mtbspecialized said:

Hey Guys,

Does anybody own or know someone who rides this bike. I was going to purchase the Specialized Allez Elite for $1200 but just found this all carbon bike for $1600. It's still within my budget.

Does anyone know anything about this bicycle. I can't seem to be able to get much information about it. Any recommendations on wheter or not this is a good buy, compared with Specialized Allez.

Here is the link and pictures...
http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/14421-018_VINPL5-3-parts-47-Bikes/Vincolo-Prolite-Carbon-Road-Bike-Ultegra-10-Speed.htm

Thanks,
Ark
Hey Ark,
I bought the Pro-Lite vincolo from pp in late December.
Overall, I am very pleased with the bike once I got it adjusted
and dialed in to my liking. The only issue was that the rear wheel
needed to be trued, as it was way out.
Cost me 9 bucks at the shop. I paid $1,640 delivered from pp.

Read my review here
http://www.epinions.com/content_219710852740

Photos here
http://bicycleregistry.net/registryitem.asp?ID=46

Thanks for your reply... It seems to be a really good deal for the money.

Best,
Ark

p9group said:
Hey Ark,
I bought the Pro-Lite vincolo from pp in late December.
Overall, I am very pleased with the bike once I got it adjusted
and dialed in to my liking. The only issue was that the rear wheel
needed to be trued, as it was way out.
Cost me 9 bucks at the shop. I paid $1,640 delivered from pp.

Read my review here
http://www.epinions.com/content_219710852740

Photos here
http://bicycleregistry.net/registryitem.asp?ID=46

How do you rate the overall finish of the frame? The bike looks awesome the way you've set it up. I am planning on placing an order in the next few days.

LB

LuisBalcita said:
How do you rate the overall finish of the frame? The bike looks awesome the way you've set it up. I am planning on placing an order in the next few days.

LB
Thanks Luis, but I'm actually not so hot on the all red accent scheme.
I'm redoing the cages in silver, silver carbon bar tape as well.
Also installing different stem in black. I'll post new photos once I redo it.

The frame finish on my bike is very clean, and well done.
No visible blems, smooth transitions from dropouts as well.
I am really impressed with the overall finish of the Pro-Lite.
The only complaint I have is the array of decals all over the frame. :eek:

I'm going to get some high quality carbon vinyl and cover the inside
and outside of the chain stays.

How was the bike originally shipped? Were the bars taped? What color? The picture on the PP site looked like black wheels. Also, how much assembly did it require?

I'd appreciate any feedack.

Thanks.

LB

LuisBalcita said:
How was the bike originally shipped? Were the bars taped? What color? The picture on the PP site looked like black wheels. Also, how much assembly did it require?

I'd appreciate any feedack.

Thanks.

LB
The bike came in a reinforced cardboard-styro box, well protected & packed.
I had to install the brake assy, the bars, and the seatpost/seat.
adjust and tighten the stem/headset.

I'm still fiddling and dialing it in a bit, still waiting on
a new zero offset seatpost, so I'll have more adjusting to do.
But it's no big deal, a bit of time a bit of patience.

I also went over every nut/bolt to make sure all was tight.

I'm no expert mechanic either, but I'm familiar with a wrench...
I read the manuals, and took my time adjusting the brakes, etc.
It is a fairly straight foward deal. I did it over a weekend.

The bars come wrapped in white tape, with white accent tires on silver rims,
and a black/white cheap seat. I didn't like the combo.

I like the Pro-Lite, I happy I made the purchase.
Honsetly, for what I spent, I think I have a really nice bike.
I see no reason why I won't have this for a long, long time.
Like I said in my review, it is a great platform for future upgrades.

If you, and ark as well, buy one, you guys keep in touch and we'll
compare notes and opinions.

George

George,

Thanks for the detailed information. You've told me a lot about the bike than the people at PP did.

I really like the way the bike looks and I think it looks nicer than the average carbon bike out there because of the beefy tubes used. I'm not an expert mechanic either but I will put it together and take it to my local Performance Bicycle Shop. They told me they'll adjust everything for the price of a tune-up $40.00 Spring special). It pays to be a loyal customer.

I will update you on the purchase in the next few weeks.

LB

LuisBalcita said:
George,

Thanks for the detailed information. You've told me a lot about the bike than the people at PP did.

I really like the way the bike looks and I think it looks nicer than the average carbon bike out there because of the beefy tubes used. I'm not an expert mechanic either but I will put it together and take it to my local Performance Bicycle Shop. They told me they'll adjust everything for the price of a tune-up $40.00 Spring special). It pays to be a loyal customer.

I will update you on the purchase in the next few weeks.

LB
Sounds great Luis!

HI George!

I've thought about my decision long and hard but I finally ordered a 2006 Raleigh Prestige (all carbon) in the end. The components are identical except the Vincolo has Ultegra cranks and the Raleigh has Truvativ cranks with alloy arms. The price would come out to about the same because like you, I would change some of the parts on the Vincolo (stem, handlebar, seat). I would surely have my LBS assemble the bike to make sure its done properly.

Thanks for the help though and I would update you on my Raleigh when I get it and had a chance to ride it.

Regards,

LB

LuisBalcita said:
HI George!

I've thought about my decision long and hard but I finally ordered a 2006 Raleigh Prestige (all carbon) in the end. The components are identical except the Vincolo has Ultegra cranks and the Raleigh has Truvativ cranks with alloy arms. The price would come out to about the same because like you, I would change some of the parts on the Vincolo (stem, handlebar, seat). I would surely have my LBS assemble the bike to make sure its done properly.

Thanks for the help though and I would update you on my Raleigh when I get it and had a chance to ride it.

Regards,

LB
Hey Luis, that's great!
Good luck with the new ride.

G