Walmart Mongoose XR-200

Rick Onanian <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> On 27 May 2004 18:19:23 -0700, [email protected] (gazzer)
> wrote:
> >You get told it's a crappy bike because you just cannot get a durable,
> >offroad capable bike for $99.99.

> Yes you can. Buy used from a bike shop.

Hmmm. Bike shop? No. Pawnshop? Maybe. Yardsale? Maybe.

>> it was, that bike wouldn't hold a 30,000 lb'er with 5ft of draft under
>> the lightest weather .... even with 3/8 all chain/snubber setup.

On Fri, 28 May 2004 07:55:49 -0400, David Kerber
<ns_dkerber@ns_ids.net> wrote:
>LOL!! How many of these readers do you think will understand what
>you're saying?

Took me a good five minutes of re-reading and searching my brain
before I had a glimmer of understanding.

[email protected] (gazzer) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
> [email protected] (Dave) wrote in message

> The basic premise of the page seems to be "I've made a poor purchase,
> been told I've made a poor purchase by pepole who know, but want to
> talk about my poor purchase with other people who've made the same
> mistake."
> You get told it's a crappy bike because you just cannot get a durable,
> offroad capable bike for $99.99.
> These bikes are meant for the odd jaunt down to KFC, and should be
> treated as such.

I see it as; "I've made a purchase, and been told I've made a poor
purchase by people with more money to spend, who apply unknown
criteria and seem to demand more from their bikes, but I still want to
talk about my purchase with other people who've made the same
decision."

In article <[email protected]>, galt_57
@hotmail.com says...
> > The basic premise of the page seems to be "I've made a poor purchase,
> > been told I've made a poor purchase by pepole who know, but want to
> > talk about my poor purchase with other people who've made the same
> > mistake."
> > You get told it's a crappy bike because you just cannot get a durable,
> > offroad capable bike for $99.99.
> > These bikes are meant for the odd jaunt down to KFC, and should be
> > treated as such.

> I see it as; "I've made a purchase, and been told I've made a poor
> purchase by people with more money to spend, who apply unknown
> criteria and seem to demand more from their bikes, but I still want to
> talk about my purchase with other people who've made the same
> decision."

I hope you survive the first time that cable gets caught in the rotor.
I winder how might the minimum wage earning 16 year old bike assembler
at Walmart has to pay you in the law suit to follow.
--
http://www.ramsays-online.com