want home-made electrolyte recipe

[email protected] wrote:

> On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 03:40:07 GMT, [email protected] (MJuric) wrote:
>

>> Baking soda, baking powder.... You're right I'm a moron.
>

> P.S. I've never heard of either one being used in sports drinks.

Baking soda aka sodium bicarbonate is added to get some salt caps and to settle the stomach. The
salt caps I buy contain sodium bicarbonate and are used for endurance events. I don't know how
absorbable it is over the short term and in a sport drink.

On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 12:10:03 GMT, Doug Freese <[email protected]> wrote:

>[email protected] wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 03:40:07 GMT, [email protected] (MJuric) wrote:
>>

>>> Baking soda, baking powder.... You're right I'm a moron.
>>

>> P.S. I've never heard of either one being used in sports drinks.
>
>Baking soda aka sodium bicarbonate is added to get some salt caps and to settle the stomach. The
>salt caps I buy contain sodium bicarbonate and are used for endurance events. I don't know how
>absorbable it is over the short term and in a sport drink.

Please clarify how you equate sports drinks and salt caps? One is a drink (the topic) the other is a
salt pill. Quite different, wouldn't you say? Allow me to clarify for my gay friend. I meant I've
never heard of it in *homemade* sports drinks. What would you numbnutz's do without me to clarify
these threads?