want home-made electrolyte recipe

Discussion in 'General Fitness' started by Lee Carkenord, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. Doug Freese

    Doug Freese Guest

    [email protected] wrote:

    > On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 03:40:07 GMT, [email protected] (MJuric) wrote:
    >

    >> Baking soda, baking powder.... You're right I'm a moron.
    >

    > P.S. I've never heard of either one being used in sports drinks.

    Baking soda aka sodium bicarbonate is added to get some salt caps and to settle the stomach. The
    salt caps I buy contain sodium bicarbonate and are used for endurance events. I don't know how
    absorbable it is over the short term and in a sport drink.

  2. You

    You Guest

    On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 12:10:03 GMT, Doug Freese <[email protected]> wrote:

    >[email protected] wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 04 Dec 2003 03:40:07 GMT, [email protected] (MJuric) wrote:
    >>

    >>> Baking soda, baking powder.... You're right I'm a moron.
    >>

    >> P.S. I've never heard of either one being used in sports drinks.
    >
    >Baking soda aka sodium bicarbonate is added to get some salt caps and to settle the stomach. The
    >salt caps I buy contain sodium bicarbonate and are used for endurance events. I don't know how
    >absorbable it is over the short term and in a sport drink.

    Please clarify how you equate sports drinks and salt caps? One is a drink (the topic) the other is a
    salt pill. Quite different, wouldn't you say? Allow me to clarify for my gay friend. I meant I've
    never heard of it in *homemade* sports drinks. What would you numbnutz's do without me to clarify
    these threads?