Wave Discs

If you are referring to the rotors with the funky patterns, there is no difference other then style points. Stopping power is the same. The pattern might add a few grams of weight (or it might take a few I suppose), nothing too drastic though.

A favored one around here are the kind of gothic rotors, that look like the blade of a circular saw.

Cheers,
Juba

the difference in design is actually to do with mud shedding, because the wavy rotors wipe mud and other gunk off the brakepads. They function the same as the holes in all other disc brake rotors eg. the design in hayes disc rotors.

tombi said:
the difference in design is actually to do with mud shedding, because the wavy rotors wipe mud and other gunk off the brakepads. They function the same as the holes in all other disc brake rotors eg. the design in hayes disc rotors.
i have the hayes wavy rotors, makes no difference except to looks.

i was told theyre supposed to cool better but pft i cant see it making much difference, infact the ones with the holes probly have more surface area lol and yeah mud shedding but again thats what the drilled out ones do anyway