Weinmann pivot bolt required

visionset

Guest
I'm rebuilding an old 80's Raleigh racer. Unfortunately a brake pivot
bolt has sheared. Does anyone have one of these knocking about they
might be willing to bung in the post? I'd be awfully grateful. If you
think you might I'll stick a photo & dims up of the little rascal.

Cheers,
Mike W

visionset wrote:
> I'm rebuilding an old 80's Raleigh racer. Unfortunately a brake pivot
> bolt has sheared. Does anyone have one of these knocking about they
> might be willing to bung in the post? I'd be awfully grateful. If you
> think you might I'll stick a photo & dims up of the little rascal.

Sorry I don't have a spare bolt or brake.

This could be an excuse to fit dual-pivot brakes for better braking. A used
set off Fleabay wouldn't be too expensive.

~PB

visionset presented the following explanation :
> I'm rebuilding an old 80's Raleigh racer. Unfortunately a brake pivot
> bolt has sheared. Does anyone have one of these knocking about they
> might be willing to bung in the post? I'd be awfully grateful. If you
> think you might I'll stick a photo & dims up of the little rascal.

Centrepull or sidepull? I might have a front sidepull bolt I could
spare, I think.

--
Simon

On 1 Jun, 17:08, Simon D <[email protected]> wrote:
> visionset presented the following explanation :
>
> > I'm rebuilding an old 80's Raleigh racer. Unfortunately a brake pivot
> > bolt has sheared. Does anyone have one of these knocking about they
> > might be willing to bung in the post? I'd be awfully grateful. If you
> > think you might I'll stick a photo & dims up of the little rascal.

> Centrepull or sidepull? I might have a front sidepull bolt I could
> spare, I think.
>
> --
> Simon

Side Pull. That'd be fantastic if you felt you could spare it.
I'll go and take a photo & measure so you don't waste your time.

Cheers,
Mike W

visionset used his keyboard to write :

> Side Pull. That'd be fantastic if you felt you could spare it.
> I'll go and take a photo & measure so you don't waste your time.

I'm pretty sure I have one, and you can certainly have it it I have.
Post a picture by all means, although I think they were all pretty much
the same. I won't have any nuts, but they're just a standard 10mm
job.I'm really busy at the moment, but if I have a chance I'll take a
look tomorrow. Failing that, it may be next week. I'll do my best.

--
Simon

"visionset" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> I'm rebuilding an old 80's Raleigh racer. Unfortunately a brake pivot
> bolt has sheared. Does anyone have one of these knocking about they
> might be willing to bung in the post? I'd be awfully grateful. If you
> think you might I'll stick a photo & dims up of the little rascal.

I've got a pair of Weinmann type 730's in decent condition you can have.
Send me an email with your address to [email protected] and I'll pop them in
the post for you.

Tom

On 1 Jun, 23:04, Simon D <[email protected]> wrote:
> visionset used his keyboard to write :
>
> > Side Pull. That'd be fantastic if you felt you could spare it.
> > I'll go and take a photo & measure so you don't waste your time.

> I'm pretty sure I have one, and you can certainly have it it I have.
> Post a picture by all means, although I think they were all pretty much
> the same. I won't have any nuts, but they're just a standard 10mm
> job.I'm really busy at the moment, but if I have a chance I'll take a
> look tomorrow. Failing that, it may be next week. I'll do my best.
>
> --
> Simon

I have PM'd you my details, let me know if you haven't got them.
Thanks again.

Mike W

visionset presented the following explanation :
> On 1 Jun, 23:04, Simon D <[email protected]> wrote:
>> visionset used his keyboard to write :
>>
>>> Side Pull. That'd be fantastic if you felt you could spare it.
>>> I'll go and take a photo & measure so you don't waste your time.

>> I'm pretty sure I have one, and you can certainly have it it I have.
>> Post a picture by all means, although I think they were all pretty much
>> the same. I won't have any nuts, but they're just a standard 10mm
>> job.I'm really busy at the moment, but if I have a chance I'll take a
>> look tomorrow. Failing that, it may be next week. I'll do my best.

> I have PM'd you my details, let me know if you haven't got them.
> Thanks again.

I haven't received any message. Sorry to have not got back to you
before (busy). Contact me at simondaw (at) msn.com if you still need
the bolt, which I have now located.

--
Simon