Well, that was a brilliant afternoon!

Simon Brooke

Guest
Bright here; blustery, fast moving clouds, warm. Went out for a good fast
40 mile workout with some friends, coming back via the last 'mountain'
prime of the first stage of the Tour of Britain. And then back home just
in time to watch the last 10Km of the Vuelta stage and see a storming
solo victory by Vino, who is in my opinion beginning to look very
dangerous again; then switch over to BBC2 and see an absolutely textbook
team sprint by Quickstep on the last lap of the London criterium,
peeling off one by one with military precision as if in a velodrome to
deliver Tom Boonen to the line. Magnificent team work. And, even better,
Martin Pedersen came home in yellow for CSC, so the man from my
favourite team who won the first stage in my home town went on to win
the tour. Most, most excellent.

Sastre is riding a canny Vuelta and controlling his losses, but in my
opinion the costs of having ridden three GTs this year are showing. He
did brilliantly and I was cheering for him, but Valverde is doing better
and Vino, if he can be consistent, is in better form still.

Morning had broken, and there was nothing left for us to do
but pick up the pieces.

> Bright here; blustery, fast moving clouds, warm. Went out for a good fast
> 40 mile workout with some friends, coming back via the last 'mountain'
> prime of the first stage of the Tour of Britain. And then back home just
> in time to watch the last 10Km of the Vuelta stage and see a storming
> solo victory by Vino, who is in my opinion beginning to look very
> dangerous again; then switch over to BBC2 and see an absolutely textbook
> team sprint by Quickstep on the last lap of the London criterium,
> peeling off one by one with military precision as if in a velodrome to
> deliver Tom Boonen to the line.

Spoiler alert Shirley. I'd just DVD'd the bugger ;-)

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Simon Brooke wrote:
> Bright here; blustery, fast moving clouds, warm. Went out for a good fast
> 40 mile workout with some friends, coming back via the last 'mountain'
> prime of the first stage of the Tour of Britain. And then back home just
> in time to watch the last 10Km of the Vuelta stage and see a storming
> solo victory by Vino, who is in my opinion beginning to look very
> dangerous again; then switch over to BBC2 and see an absolutely textbook
> team sprint by Quickstep on the last lap of the London criterium,
> peeling off one by one with military precision as if in a velodrome to
> deliver Tom Boonen to the line. Magnificent team work. And, even better,
> Martin Pedersen came home in yellow for CSC, so the man from my
> favourite team who won the first stage in my home town went on to win
> the tour. Most, most excellent.

I thought that Mark Cavendish did a really good sprint to get third -
very quick and if he had started a few places further up would have
been a serious contender for the win.

And just seen the tallbiketour guys doing a loop behind Chris Boardman
during the post race summing up.. ;-)

...d

> Bright here; blustery, fast moving clouds, warm. Went out for a good fast
> 40 mile workout with some friends, coming back via the last 'mountain'
> prime of the first stage of the Tour of Britain. And then back home just
> in time to watch the last 10Km of the Vuelta stage and see a storming
> solo victory by Vino, who is in my opinion beginning to look very
> dangerous again; then switch over to BBC2 and see an absolutely textbook
> team sprint by Quickstep on the last lap of the London criterium,
> peeling off one by one with military precision as if in a velodrome to
> deliver Tom Boonen to the line. Magnificent team work. And, even better,
> Martin Pedersen came home in yellow for CSC, so the man from my
> favourite team who won the first stage in my home town went on to win
> the tour. Most, most excellent.
>
> Sastre is riding a canny Vuelta and controlling his losses, but in my
> opinion the costs of having ridden three GTs this year are showing. He
> did brilliantly and I was cheering for him, but Valverde is doing better
> and Vino, if he can be consistent, is in better form still.

And what a pity that Vino for "ethical" reasons wasn't allowed to
participate in the Tour!

Benjo

Benjo wrote:

>And what a pity that Vino for "ethical" reasons wasn't allowed to
>participate in the Tour!

They didn't have anything on him, just that his team was short, right?

Well, he's clearly got plenty of motivation!

--
ciao,
Bruce

drift wave turbulence: http://www.rzg.mpg.de/~bds/

Simon Brooke wrote:
> And, even better,
> Martin Pedersen came home in yellow for CSC, so the man from my
> favourite team who won the first stage in my home town went on to win
> the tour. Most, most excellent.

this dude, pedersen looks like a fire hydrant. i've never seen a
protour rider built like that.

"Bruce Scott TOK" wrote
> Benjo wrote:
>
> >And what a pity that Vino for "ethical" reasons wasn't allowed to
> >participate in the Tour!

> They didn't have anything on him, just that his team was short, right?
>
> Well, he's clearly got plenty of motivation!

What is really gaulling is that those riders of his team that were dropped
from the tour squad were later exonerated!

--
Dave Lloyd
So open minded, my brains dribbled out.

in message <zG%[email protected]>, david lloyd
('[email protected]') wrote:

> "Bruce Scott TOK" wrote
>> Benjo wrote:
>>
>> >And what a pity that Vino for "ethical" reasons wasn't allowed to
>> >participate in the Tour!

>> They didn't have anything on him, just that his team was short, right?
>>
>> Well, he's clearly got plenty of motivation!
>>

> What is really gaulling is that those riders of his team that were
> dropped from the tour squad were later exonerated!

Errr... no. The Spanish courts later said they weren't being pursued for
any offence under Spanish law. As doping isn't an offence under Spanish
law, that isn't very surprising. We'll have to wait and see.

;; If God does not write LISP, God writes some code so similar to
;; LISP as to make no difference.

david lloyd wrote:
> What is really gaulling

Blame the French again.