What about Mavic Aksium race?

LouisN

Feb 9, 2007
Are these wheels reliable and durable? They are quite cheaper than Ksyrium Équipe. But is it worth the $100 difference? What's the technical difference between them?
Thanks to all,
LouisN

I received a set of Aksium when I purchased a Tarmac. I'm 6ft 3in 210 pounds. I've put 1,500 miles on them with no problems. I like the wheels.

LouisN said:
Are these wheels reliable and durable? They are quite cheaper than Ksyrium Équipe. But is it worth the $100 difference? What's the technical difference between them?
Thanks to all,
LouisN
I usta have a pair of Xero XSR-3's... they were decent and after looking seem to be about the same level a the Askium's. I just recently upgraded to the Ksyrium SL's and they are very fast.

As far as tech details I think the website actually has a comparison so it'll help you decide if it's worth the extra coin.

the aksium wheelset i have has been reliable and durable so far. however it's not the fastest rolling wheel out there and it's a bit on the heavy side. IMHO, it works fine as a trainer wheel but for more competitive rides, save some money and get something else like campy wheelsets or custom built.

boon

They have very good reviews. I'm getting some - as training wheels or if I have a problem with my race wheels.