What are you WI day rituals?

Discussion in 'Food and nutrition' started by Lululemon, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Lululemon

    Lululemon Guest

    Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do you
    always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?

    Just wondering...I myself eat oatmeal for breakfast, then my same zero-point soup with some cracks
    and a yogurt at lunch and have nothing to eat or drink after 2pm. (The weigh-in is at 5!) Gotta pee
    all I can to get the ounces down! haha

    Melanie 163-156-140ish

    Tags:

  2. Krys

    Krys Guest

    I used to WI on Thursday evenings - and got postively obsessive about having to eat exactly the same
    every Thursday, not drink after a certain time, wear the same outfit etc etc.....

    then for various reasons i now WI at home, practically first thing in the morning - still Thursdays
    though. I get up, get washed, got to the loo, and stand on the scales, in the same place every time.
    It's a tad more relaxed that way - though I do try not to eat too much in the evening on Wednesday,
    and steer clear of water retaining things or things I know make me bloat.......... Oh, and WI now is
    completely nekkid, so that's easier too! *grin*

    --
    krys

    UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
    making progress.

    "Lululemon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do
    > you always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?
    >
    > Just wondering...I myself eat oatmeal for breakfast, then my same zero-point soup with some cracks
    > and a yogurt at lunch and have nothing to eat or drink after 2pm. (The weigh-in is at 5!) Gotta
    > pee all I can to get the ounces down! haha
    >

    > Melanie 163-156-140ish

  3. I don't really do anything different on weigh in days.....except try to
    wear clothes that weigh light. I don't wear my heavy jeans on that
    day. I always wear the same shoes that I wore the first day I weighed
    in. We do have people in our group who strip down to their underwear
    though! :)

    Billie
    207/168.4/141

  4. Mommymt

    Mommymt Guest

    I WI at 10 AM in Wednesdays. I chug water the evening before until about 7 PM. The day of WI, I do
    not eat before I weigh in. I do wear the exact same outfit every week for WI. Half the people at
    our meeting wear the same outfit every week so I don't feel so bad about that. I also take off my
    shoes to weigh.

    Amy

    --
    MommyMT aka Amy remove blue to reply "Lululemon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do
    > you always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?
    >
    > Just wondering...I myself eat oatmeal for breakfast, then my same zero-point soup with some cracks
    > and a yogurt at lunch and have nothing to eat or drink after 2pm. (The weigh-in is at 5!) Gotta
    > pee all I can to get the ounces down! haha
    >

    > Melanie 163-156-140ish

  5. Limeyno1

    Limeyno1 Guest

    Ok, this could get a little graphic. I weigh myself in the morning. Nude. And not until my bodily
    functions have been performed. Clear? <gg>

    "Lululemon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do
    > you always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?
    >
    > Just wondering...I myself eat oatmeal for breakfast, then my same zero-point soup with some cracks
    > and a yogurt at lunch and have nothing to eat or drink after 2pm. (The weigh-in is at 5!) Gotta
    > pee all I can to get the ounces down! haha
    >

    > Melanie 163-156-140ish

  6. I try to wear the same clothes, and eat as little as possible but I won't be
    hungry either. this is interesting, Lee
    Lululemon <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do
    > you always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?
    >
    > Just wondering...I myself eat oatmeal for breakfast, then my same zero-point soup with some cracks
    > and a yogurt at lunch and have nothing to eat or drink after 2pm. (The weigh-in is at 5!) Gotta
    > pee all I can to get the ounces down! haha
    >

    > Melanie 163-156-140ish

  7. I do WW Online, so I weigh at home in the mornings, so make sure that I use the potty before and
    also weigh in naked. I don't think I'd be able to go to a meeting now as I'd want to weight in naked
    and would probably get kicked out!

    "Lululemon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do
    > you always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?
    >
    > Just wondering...I myself eat oatmeal for breakfast, then my same zero-point soup with some cracks
    > and a yogurt at lunch and have nothing to eat or drink after 2pm. (The weigh-in is at 5!) Gotta
    > pee all I can to get the ounces down! haha
    >

    > Melanie 163-156-140ish

  8. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    [email protected] (Lululemon) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do
    > you always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?

    Yes, I always eat the same thing (regular weetbix for breakfast, fruit for morning tea, 600mL of
    water), and I wear the same thing. Although the weighin outfits have changed on the way down - I did
    weigh each outfit before changing them just so I'd understand any variations (does that sound
    obsessive??).

    Also, now I'm weighing myself every day at home, I weigh naked post bodily functions pre breakfast.
    On weighin day I'll supplement that with another weigh after breakfast with clothes to get an
    indication of what the official weighin with be.

    Now I sound like a complete lunatic!! It's not as bad as it sounds, promise :)

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW) / 72 (Personal) kg

  9. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    [email protected] (Lululemon) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do
    > you always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?

    Yes, I always eat the same thing (regular weetbix for breakfast, fruit for morning tea, 600mL of
    water), and I wear the same thing. Although the weighin outfits have changed on the way down - I did
    weigh each outfit before changing them just so I'd understand any variations (does that sound
    obsessive??).

    Also, now I'm weighing myself every day at home, I weigh naked post bodily functions pre breakfast.
    On weighin day I'll supplement that with another weigh after breakfast with clothes to get an
    indication of what the official weighin with be.

    Now I sound like a complete lunatic!! It's not as bad as it sounds, promise :)

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW) / 72 (Personal) kg

  10. Ray Miller

    Ray Miller Guest

    On 12 Jan 2004 14:23:01 -0800, [email protected] (Lululemon)
    wrote:

    >Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do you
    >always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?
    >
    >Just wondering...I myself eat oatmeal for breakfast, then my same zero-point soup with some cracks
    >and a yogurt at lunch and have nothing to eat or drink after 2pm. (The weigh-in is at 5!) Gotta pee
    >all I can to get the ounces down! haha

    WI is usually sunday AM. I usually lay in a bit, then get up and have a sip of coke. I then go and
    make a cup of coffee. That's usually enough to make me want to go to the loo. Then I get the scales
    out and put on my reading glasses. Have to find the right place for the scales too. Then the grand
    WI - naked. If I'm down then I usally just finish making the coffee, recheck that I'm down and come
    back upstairs to update everything. If I'm up or the same, then I check several times, maybe try the
    loo again - you never know:) But eventually I accept it and go and break the bad news to you guys.

    Updating everything means fitday, the excel sheet, measurements, body fat, signature, and a couple
    of other things.Did I say I was obsessive?

    I never try limiting what I eat the night before and rarely WI more than once a week any more. I
    sometimes do Saturday AM just so I know what sunday will be.

    Ray
    --
    rmnsuk overall - 273/207/182

  11. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Hey, everyone left out Crossing fingers! (g)

    On 12 Jan 2004 14:23:01 -0800, [email protected] (Lululemon) wrote:

    >Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do you
    >always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?
    >
    >Just wondering...I myself eat oatmeal for breakfast, then my same zero-point soup with some cracks
    >and a yogurt at lunch and have nothing to eat or drink after 2pm. (The weigh-in is at 5!) Gotta pee
    >all I can to get the ounces down! haha
    >

    >Melanie 163-156-140ish

  12. Laura

    Laura Guest

    Ditto!

    "LIMEYNO1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Ok, this could get a little graphic. I weigh myself in the morning.
    Nude.
    > And not until my bodily functions have been performed. Clear? <gg>
    >
    > "Lululemon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do
    > > you always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?
    > >
    > > Just wondering...I myself eat oatmeal for breakfast, then my same zero-point soup with some
    > > cracks and a yogurt at lunch and have nothing to eat or drink after 2pm. (The weigh-in is at 5!)
    > > Gotta pee all I can to get the ounces down! haha
    > >

    > > Melanie 163-156-140ish

  13. and done tastefully, Lee
    LIMEYNO1 <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ok, this could get a little graphic. I weigh myself in the morning.
    Nude.
    > And not until my bodily functions have been performed. Clear? <gg>
    >
    > "Lululemon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do
    > > you always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?
    > >
    > > Just wondering...I myself eat oatmeal for breakfast, then my same zero-point soup with some
    > > cracks and a yogurt at lunch and have nothing to eat or drink after 2pm. (The weigh-in is at 5!)
    > > Gotta pee all I can to get the ounces down! haha
    > >

    > > Melanie 163-156-140ish

  14. Nathalie W

    Nathalie W Guest

    Verrry clear, and exactly the same here!
    --
    Nathalie from Belgium
    134.1/104.2/minigoal 99.9 Goal 68 Kg
    134/1.105/212 lbs "LIMEYNO1" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Ok, this could get a little graphic. I weigh myself in the morning.
    Nude.
    > And not until my bodily functions have been performed. Clear? <gg>
    >
    > "Lululemon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do
    > > you always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?
    > >
    > > Just wondering...I myself eat oatmeal for breakfast, then my same zero-point soup with some
    > > cracks and a yogurt at lunch and have nothing to eat or drink after 2pm. (The weigh-in is at 5!)
    > > Gotta pee all I can to get the ounces down! haha
    > >

    > > Melanie 163-156-140ish

  15. When SQ. first mentioned weighing the WI outfit I was a little unsure, then
    I tried it and it is a great idea. Lee
    JulieB <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > [email protected] (Lululemon) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do
    > > you always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?
    >
    > Yes, I always eat the same thing (regular weetbix for breakfast, fruit for morning tea, 600mL of
    > water), and I wear the same thing. Although the weighin outfits have changed on the way down - I
    > did weigh each outfit before changing them just so I'd understand any variations (does that sound
    > obsessive??).
    >
    > Also, now I'm weighing myself every day at home, I weigh naked post bodily functions pre
    > breakfast. On weighin day I'll supplement that with another weigh after breakfast with clothes to
    > get an indication of what the official weighin with be.
    >
    > Now I sound like a complete lunatic!! It's not as bad as it sounds, promise :)
    >
    > --
    > Julie.
    > 93.5/72.3/74 (WW) / 72 (Personal) kg

  16. Fred

    Fred Guest

    Not only a complete lunatic but twins! (gd&r)

    Not at all.

    I wore the same general outfit until just before goal when I realized taking off the sneakers,
    wearing shorts and T-shirt (seasonal appropriate) would get me to goal a week or two earlier.

    On 12 Jan 2004 22:20:46 -0800, [email protected] (JulieB) wrote:

    >[email protected] (Lululemon) wrote in message
    >news:<[email protected]>...
    >> Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do
    >> you always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?
    >
    >Yes, I always eat the same thing (regular weetbix for breakfast, fruit for morning tea, 600mL of
    >water), and I wear the same thing. Although the weighin outfits have changed on the way down - I
    >did weigh each outfit before changing them just so I'd understand any variations (does that sound
    >obsessive??).
    >
    >Also, now I'm weighing myself every day at home, I weigh naked post bodily functions pre breakfast.
    >On weighin day I'll supplement that with another weigh after breakfast with clothes to get an
    >indication of what the official weighin with be.
    >
    >Now I sound like a complete lunatic!! It's not as bad as it sounds, promise :)

  17. Kristin

    Kristin Guest

    Ditto for me. *blush*

    --

    ~Kristin O~
    272/242.2/172

    "LIMEYNO1" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > Ok, this could get a little graphic. I weigh myself in the morning.
    Nude.
    > And not until my bodily functions have been performed. Clear? <gg>
    >
    > "Lululemon" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > Hi guys...just thought I'd ask an interesting question: What are your weight in day rituals? Do
    > > you always eat the same thing on those days? Wear the same thing?
    > >
    > > Just wondering...I myself eat oatmeal for breakfast, then my same zero-point soup with some
    > > cracks and a yogurt at lunch and have nothing to eat or drink after 2pm. (The weigh-in is at 5!)
    > > Gotta pee all I can to get the ounces down! haha
    > >

    > > Melanie 163-156-140ish

  18. I fly to my meeting immediately after my water aerobics class. Eat breakfast, no water until after I
    hit the scale. Wear shoes, take off sweater (it is cold here these days). The key, I beleive, is to
    be consistent in weigh in strategy. There was a woman who was weighed in the closet recently. She
    was .2 away from her 50 pound loss. From the closet she easily cleared the 50 pound mark with over a
    pound to spare.

    Mary

  19. Krys

    Krys Guest

    by the looks of it, if i were to start an "first thing in the morning, in my birthday suit, after
    the biological......." club, there'd be many members!

    ooh, it is good to know you're not the only one :) *grin*

    --
    krys

    UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but
    making progress.

    "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
    berlin.de...
    > Ditto for me. *blush*
    >
    > --
    >
    > ~Kristin O~
    > 272/242.2/172

  20. Julieb

    Julieb Guest

    Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Not only a complete lunatic but twins! (gd&r)

    I know. Bloody Google....

    > Not at all.
    >
    > I wore the same general outfit until just before goal when I realized taking off the sneakers,
    > wearing shorts and T-shirt (seasonal appropriate) would get me to goal a week or two earlier.

    Oh yeah, I remember that decision too. Shoes off vs shoes on. If I wear this outfit to I gain that
    vital tenths of a kilo? I didn't have scales at home, otherwise I probably would have weighed
    multiple outfit variations.

    Yep, I've convinced myself that I have an unhealthy obsession with this. Honestly, I trust my
    morning weighins naked, post-ablutions more than I trust the "official" one now!

    --
    Julie.
    93.5/72.3/74 (WW)/72 (personal) kg