What are you WI day rituals?

Ok, I'm in that club, but I was born in pajamas. <G>

--
Wendy http://griffinsflight.com/Quilting/quilt1.htm de-fang email address to reply

"krys" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
> by the looks of it, if i were to start an "first thing in the morning, in my birthday suit, after
> the biological......." club, there'd be many members!
>
> ooh, it is good to know you're not the only one :) *grin*
>
> --
> krys
>
> UK 157/135.2/126 Started March 1st 2001 GOAL August 16th 2001 struggling now......but making
> progress.
>
> "Kristin" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
> berlin.de...
> > Ditto for me. *blush*
> >
> > --
> >
> > ~Kristin O~
> > 272/242.2/172
>

Well, sometimes I think it is a matter of one unhealthy obsession (weighing) versus another
unhealthy obsession (too much food without knowing)

Tradeoffs

On 14 Jan 2004 19:20:55 -0800, [email protected] (JulieB) wrote:

>Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> Not only a complete lunatic but twins! (gd&r)
>
>I know. Bloody Google....
>
>> Not at all.
>>
>> I wore the same general outfit until just before goal when I realized taking off the sneakers,
>> wearing shorts and T-shirt (seasonal appropriate) would get me to goal a week or two earlier.
>
>Oh yeah, I remember that decision too. Shoes off vs shoes on. If I wear this outfit to I gain that
>vital tenths of a kilo? I didn't have scales at home, otherwise I probably would have weighed
>multiple outfit variations.
>
>Yep, I've convinced myself that I have an unhealthy obsession with this. Honestly, I trust my
>morning weighins naked, post-ablutions more than I trust the "official" one now!

does that mean that too much food WITH knowing is a healthy obsession? Seems to be where I am
falling this week. <sigh>

Joyce

On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:57:18 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>Well, sometimes I think it is a matter of one unhealthy obsession (weighing) versus another
>unhealthy obsession (too much food without knowing)
>
>Tradeoffs
>
>On 14 Jan 2004 19:20:55 -0800, [email protected] (JulieB) wrote:
>
>>Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:<[email protected]>...
>>> Not only a complete lunatic but twins! (gd&r)
>>
>>I know. Bloody Google....
>>
>>> Not at all.
>>>
>>> I wore the same general outfit until just before goal when I realized taking off the sneakers,
>>> wearing shorts and T-shirt (seasonal appropriate) would get me to goal a week or two earlier.
>>
>>Oh yeah, I remember that decision too. Shoes off vs shoes on. If I wear this outfit to I gain that
>>vital tenths of a kilo? I didn't have scales at home, otherwise I probably would have weighed
>>multiple outfit variations.
>>
>>Yep, I've convinced myself that I have an unhealthy obsession with this. Honestly, I trust my
>>morning weighins naked, post-ablutions more than I trust the "official" one now!

You got me there. I think that where we now stand/sit (not taking chances, there), WE KNOW. A year
or two or whatever ago, we could "claim" ignorance. Oh, we were eating too much and probably knew it
but we did not know the points/calories and the damage that second glass of orange juice or 1/2 cup
ADDITIONAL of ice cream or 2nd and 3rd cookie did.

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:30:14 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:

>does that mean that too much food WITH knowing is a healthy obsession? Seems to be where I am
>falling this week. <sigh>
>
>Joyce
>
>On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:57:18 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>Well, sometimes I think it is a matter of one unhealthy obsession (weighing) versus another
>>unhealthy obsession (too much food without knowing)
>>
>>Tradeoffs
>>
>>On 14 Jan 2004 19:20:55 -0800, [email protected] (JulieB) wrote:
>>
>>>Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>news:<[email protected]>...
>>>> Not only a complete lunatic but twins! (gd&r)
>>>
>>>I know. Bloody Google....
>>>
>>>> Not at all.
>>>>
>>>> I wore the same general outfit until just before goal when I realized taking off the sneakers,
>>>> wearing shorts and T-shirt (seasonal appropriate) would get me to goal a week or two earlier.
>>>
>>>Oh yeah, I remember that decision too. Shoes off vs shoes on. If I wear this outfit to I gain
>>>that vital tenths of a kilo? I didn't have scales at home, otherwise I probably would have
>>>weighed multiple outfit variations.
>>>
>>>Yep, I've convinced myself that I have an unhealthy obsession with this. Honestly, I trust my
>>>morning weighins naked, post-ablutions more than I trust the "official" one now!

This is an interesting thread! Everything is supersized these days so you have to make a
concentrated effort to eat less. Luckily I feel fuller faster than I used to. My mom-in-law gave
me her good china which is over 50 years old. The dinner plates are significantly smaller - about
an inch and a half in diameter less than my everyday plates - just goes to show that we do eat and
expect larger portions in this day and age and as a result the business of weight loss is a multi-
billion dollar industry. BTW - weigh in ritual: birthday suit, use the can, get on the scale
twice! Julie

"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:p[email protected]...
> You got me there. I think that where we now stand/sit (not taking chances, there), WE KNOW. A year
> or two or whatever ago, we could "claim" ignorance. Oh, we were eating too much and probably knew
> it but we did not know the points/calories and the damage that second glass of orange juice or 1/2
> cup ADDITIONAL of ice cream or 2nd and 3rd cookie did.
>
> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:30:14 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >does that mean that too much food WITH knowing is a healthy obsession?
Seems to
> >be where I am falling this week. <sigh>
> >
> >Joyce
> >
> >On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:57:18 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
wrote:
> >
> >>Well, sometimes I think it is a matter of one unhealthy obsession (weighing) versus another
> >>unhealthy obsession (too much food without knowing)
> >>
> >>Tradeoffs
> >>
> >>On 14 Jan 2004 19:20:55 -0800, [email protected] (JulieB) wrote:
> >>
> >>>Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
> >>>> Not only a complete lunatic but twins! (gd&r)
> >>>
> >>>I know. Bloody Google....
> >>>
> >>>> Not at all.
> >>>>
> >>>> I wore the same general outfit until just before goal when I realized taking off the
> >>>> sneakers, wearing shorts and T-shirt (seasonal appropriate) would get me to goal a week or
> >>>> two earlier.
> >>>
> >>>Oh yeah, I remember that decision too. Shoes off vs shoes on. If I wear this outfit to I gain
> >>>that vital tenths of a kilo? I didn't have scales at home, otherwise I probably would have
> >>>weighed multiple outfit variations.
> >>>
> >>>Yep, I've convinced myself that I have an unhealthy obsession with this. Honestly, I trust my
> >>>morning weighins naked, post-ablutions more than I trust the "official" one now!

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:51:21 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>You got me there. I think that where we now stand/sit (not taking chances, there), WE KNOW. A year
>or two or whatever ago, we could "claim" ignorance. Oh, we were eating too much and probably knew
>it but we did not know the points/calories and the damage that second glass of orange juice or 1/2
>cup ADDITIONAL of ice cream or 2nd and 3rd cookie did.

Oh, very, very true! I do believe I *knew* before I started, but it was easy to ignore the
nutritional data ... or lack of. Portion control was tried ... not well though. Buy those single
serve packages of chips, instead of the large sized bags ... but chow down 2 because they tasted
so darned good. Or sitting with a bag of whatever by my side, instead of portioning into a bowl.
Or what is one more *small* scoop of icecream in the grand scheme of things ... or ... the list
could go on forever. I do find it still happens on occassion - but those occassions are very much
rarer now.

And when I do *know*, I am at least able to move away from it sooner now.

Joyce

>
>On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:30:14 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>does that mean that too much food WITH knowing is a healthy obsession? Seems to be where I am
>>falling this week. <sigh>
>>
>>Joyce
>>
>>On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:57:18 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>Well, sometimes I think it is a matter of one unhealthy obsession (weighing) versus another
>>>unhealthy obsession (too much food without knowing)
>>>
>>>Tradeoffs
>>>
>>>On 14 Jan 2004 19:20:55 -0800, [email protected] (JulieB) wrote:
>>>
>>>>Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>>news:<[email protected]>...
>>>>> Not only a complete lunatic but twins! (gd&r)
>>>>
>>>>I know. Bloody Google....
>>>>
>>>>> Not at all.
>>>>>
>>>>> I wore the same general outfit until just before goal when I realized taking off the sneakers,
>>>>> wearing shorts and T-shirt (seasonal appropriate) would get me to goal a week or two earlier.
>>>>
>>>>Oh yeah, I remember that decision too. Shoes off vs shoes on. If I wear this outfit to I gain
>>>>that vital tenths of a kilo? I didn't have scales at home, otherwise I probably would have
>>>>weighed multiple outfit variations.
>>>>
>>>>Yep, I've convinced myself that I have an unhealthy obsession with this. Honestly, I trust my
>>>>morning weighins naked, post-ablutions more than I trust the "official" one now!

I am probably guilty even now of supersizing my meals. While much of it is healthy, it probably
still stretches the stomach.

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 03:08:54 GMT, "Julie" <[email protected]> wrote:

>This is an interesting thread! Everything is supersized these days so you have to make a
>concentrated effort to eat less. Luckily I feel fuller faster than I used to. My mom-in-law gave
>me her good china which is over 50 years old. The dinner plates are significantly smaller - about
>an inch and a half in diameter less than my everyday plates - just goes to show that we do eat and
>expect larger portions in this day and age and as a result the business of weight loss is a multi-
>billion dollar industry. BTW - weigh in ritual: birthday suit, use the can, get on the scale
>twice! Julie
>
>"Fred" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:p[email protected]...
>> You got me there. I think that where we now stand/sit (not taking chances, there), WE KNOW. A
>> year or two or whatever ago, we could "claim" ignorance. Oh, we were eating too much and probably
>> knew it but we did not know the points/calories and the damage that second glass of orange juice
>> or 1/2 cup ADDITIONAL of ice cream or 2nd and 3rd cookie did.
>>
>> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:30:14 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> >does that mean that too much food WITH knowing is a healthy obsession?
>Seems to
>> >be where I am falling this week. <sigh>
>> >
>> >Joyce
>> >
>> >On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:57:18 -0800, Fred <[email protected]>
>wrote:
>> >
>> >>Well, sometimes I think it is a matter of one unhealthy obsession (weighing) versus another
>> >>unhealthy obsession (too much food without knowing)
>> >>
>> >>Tradeoffs
>> >>
>> >>On 14 Jan 2004 19:20:55 -0800, [email protected] (JulieB) wrote:
>> >>
>> >>>Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:<[email protected]>...
>> >>>> Not only a complete lunatic but twins! (gd&r)
>> >>>
>> >>>I know. Bloody Google....
>> >>>
>> >>>> Not at all.
>> >>>>
>> >>>> I wore the same general outfit until just before goal when I realized taking off the
>> >>>> sneakers, wearing shorts and T-shirt (seasonal appropriate) would get me to goal a week or
>> >>>> two earlier.
>> >>>
>> >>>Oh yeah, I remember that decision too. Shoes off vs shoes on. If I wear this outfit to I gain
>> >>>that vital tenths of a kilo? I didn't have scales at home, otherwise I probably would have
>> >>>weighed multiple outfit variations.
>> >>>
>> >>>Yep, I've convinced myself that I have an unhealthy obsession with this. Honestly, I trust my
>> >>>morning weighins naked, post-ablutions more than I trust the "official" one now!
>

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 02:44:20 -0600, in alt.support.diet.weightwatchers
you wrote:

>On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:51:21 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>>You got me there. I think that where we now stand/sit (not taking chances, there), WE KNOW. A year
>>or two or whatever ago, we could "claim" ignorance. Oh, we were eating too much and probably knew
>>it but we did not know the points/calories and the damage that second glass of orange juice or 1/2
>>cup ADDITIONAL of ice cream or 2nd and 3rd cookie did.
>
>Oh, very, very true! I do believe I *knew* before I started, but it was easy to ignore the
>nutritional data ... or lack of. Portion control was tried ... not well though. Buy those single
>serve packages of chips, instead of the large sized bags ... but chow down 2 because they tasted so
>darned good. Or sitting with a bag of whatever by my side, instead of portioning into a bowl.

BREAK right there - that's where I'm going wrong now with the dried fruit syndrome!!! Got to portion
that stuff rather than bringing the bag to the computer desk. I'm pretty darn good at exercising
control over things such as chips (I do not buy them except very rarely) and nuts and cheese (just
being very cautious there and buying but limited but not as limited as chips).

>Or what is one more *small* scoop of icecream in the grand scheme of things ... or ... the list
>could go on forever. I do find it still happens on occassion - but those occassions are very much
>rarer now.
>
>And when I do *know*, I am at least able to move away from it sooner now.
>
>Joyce
>
>
>>
>>On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 00:30:14 -0600, Joyce <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>does that mean that too much food WITH knowing is a healthy obsession? Seems to be where I am
>>>falling this week. <sigh>
>>>
>>>Joyce
>>>
>>>On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 19:57:18 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>>Well, sometimes I think it is a matter of one unhealthy obsession (weighing) versus another
>>>>unhealthy obsession (too much food without knowing)
>>>>
>>>>Tradeoffs
>>>>
>>>>On 14 Jan 2004 19:20:55 -0800, [email protected] (JulieB) wrote:
>>>>
>>>>>Fred <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>>>>news:<[email protected]>...
>>>>>> Not only a complete lunatic but twins! (gd&r)
>>>>>
>>>>>I know. Bloody Google....
>>>>>
>>>>>> Not at all.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I wore the same general outfit until just before goal when I realized taking off the
>>>>>> sneakers, wearing shorts and T-shirt (seasonal appropriate) would get me to goal a week or
>>>>>> two earlier.
>>>>>
>>>>>Oh yeah, I remember that decision too. Shoes off vs shoes on. If I wear this outfit to I gain
>>>>>that vital tenths of a kilo? I didn't have scales at home, otherwise I probably would have
>>>>>weighed multiple outfit variations.
>>>>>
>>>>>Yep, I've convinced myself that I have an unhealthy obsession with this. Honestly, I trust my
>>>>>morning weighins naked, post-ablutions more than I trust the "official" one now!

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 08:23:17 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:

>On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 02:44:20 -0600, in alt.support.diet.weightwatchers you wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:51:21 -0800, Fred <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>You got me there. I think that where we now stand/sit (not taking chances, there), WE KNOW. A
>>>year or two or whatever ago, we could "claim" ignorance. Oh, we were eating too much and probably
>>>knew it but we did not know the points/calories and the damage that second glass of orange juice
>>>or 1/2 cup ADDITIONAL of ice cream or 2nd and 3rd cookie did.
>>
>>Oh, very, very true! I do believe I *knew* before I started, but it was easy to ignore the
>>nutritional data ... or lack of. Portion control was tried ... not well though. Buy those single
>>serve packages of chips, instead of the large sized bags ... but chow down 2 because they tasted
>>so darned good. Or sitting with a bag of whatever by my side, instead of portioning into a bowl.
>
>BREAK right there - that's where I'm going wrong now with the dried fruit syndrome!!! Got to
>portion that stuff rather than bringing the bag to the computer desk. I'm pretty darn good at
>exercising control over things such as chips (I do not buy them except very rarely) and nuts and
>cheese (just being very cautious there and buying but limited but not as limited as chips).

This is one area where I have become very good, feel more confident stating that I have changed the
habit. I do not put containers of anything multiple serving sized in front of me when I'm
eating/nibbling. Even the meringues go into a bowl, lid back on container and put away. Nuts are
tougher, as are the mini-chocolates in a bowl in the kitchen ... much too easy to grab *just one* as
I'm passing by. THAT I need to get back under control. Cheese has become easier for me, but I admit
to buying the crumbled blue cheese ... both daughter and I adore it. It is awful easy to put 1T onto
a salad ... then think, just a little more won't hurt.
<G>

Joyce