what do you think about a cannondale synapse alloy 3??

wichard

Jun 5, 2006
hi everyone,

looking into buying a brand new bike! i just started to riding again after like 5 years. . . once i got back on the bike, i was in love with it again, riding. I guess i am a beginning/intermediate and if i can get in shape maybe race next year. . I went to one of the LBS and tryed out a few bikes. I tryed a cannondale synapse alloy 3. its more then I wanted to spend but they shop is letting me do a 12 months same as cash through them so I do not have to put up the 1450 right off the back, what i like. the bike felt every good, i like it alot. I tryed a couple other bikes, R1000 and a specialized alliez. These bikes are a little bit more then I wanted to but I wanted to put the money in it now so i do not have to upgrade anytime soon. So far I like the synapse alloy alot. the ride was great and in the city traffic i trusted the bike. tomorrow i am going to go to another LBS and see what they say. What does everyone think of the synapse alloy, R1000, and the alliez. Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

I recently read a really good review in Bicycling magazine (American) Buyer's Guide edition (April 2006) - about the Synapse Alloy2 - same frame as the 3 I imagine. They said they have the "same geometry as the Carbon Synapses... it steers sharply, accelerates quickly, and that it is quick and responsive, and is good on climbs.. and good for the dough". Also that the "ride feel is flat out fun".

And they are, in my opinion, a good looking bike as well, with a great reputation.

Good Luck.

I have a Synapse. Depending on the type of cycling you do. Its a very comfortable bike and you can do many kms with it without feeling tired.

Good on climbs? No....Great on climbs...:)

thanks for the feed back, so what I am hearing is that the synapse alloy is a good beginning and I can grow with it. That bike is at the top of my price range, is there something lower that is just as good?