What Forks for a Marin Rock Springs?

Gweilo_uk

Apr 12, 2006
This is probably a dull question thas been asked plently of times before re other bikes, if so please accept my apologies in advance.

I have recently bought a Marin Rock Springs, which comes woth Fox Vanilla R front shocks, however there is no menas of locking the forks out when climbing and as such I am thinking of changing up the forks to something that can be locked out. Any reccomendations as to make and model?

Gweilo_uk said:
This is probably a dull question thas been asked plently of times before re other bikes, if so please accept my apologies in advance.

I have recently bought a Marin Rock Springs, which comes woth Fox Vanilla R front shocks, however there is no menas of locking the forks out when climbing and as such I am thinking of changing up the forks to something that can be locked out. Any reccomendations as to make and model?

Are you serious?
You have over £400 worth of fork on there and you want to change it!
Basically fox use a system called terralogic (or something spelt similarly) which is like an automatic lockout system. The system reckons it can tell the difference between a rock and you pushing the pedal ie to eliminate pedal bob essentially on climbs. I think you can tune the sesnsetivity of the fork it to your bodyweight. Fox Vanillas are a DAMN good fork though and you will struggle to find much better.
If you want to change the fork, ANY pair of fox forks will be good! (but none of them will come with a manual lockout)
if you insist on one with a manual lockout (some people just prefer it....like me) try pace (hear they have reliability/maintenance issues) or one of the top end rockshox (£300+) eg a Reba.

davebee said:
Are you serious?
I think you can tune the sesnsetivity of the fork it to your bodyweight.
Cheers for the reply Dave

I have the rear suspension set up for my body weight (I'm surpised it can take that much :rolleyes:) but I wasn't aware that the same could be done with the front. I have to say that the rear suspension appears to be basically isolated from the drive train, which I thought was down to quad link geometry and the float shock. However Being new to the world of full sus'ers I left the front end set up they way it was when I left the shop. From what you say it seems that perhaps I need to Read The Forkin Manual.

Thanks again