What FTP to do this ?

giannip said:
360 for 2 hours....
It depends of course.. but I'd guess that the anwser would lie in 380-400w range.
Edit: on a second thought 370-390w would be closer but it really depends how flat the power-duration curve is. If I recall right there has been some long term power-duration curves at least in wattage and maybe even here.

Well in addition to certain FTP, turbo requires cooling, gallon of drink, Die Hard and thick skin in your butt but I don't think it changes the basic setting one way or another.

Another story is if you can produce your FTP on a trainer which in my experience is very much dependend on how much you have been riding on a trainer.

giannip said:
360 for 2 hours....
Of course, the answer is going to be individual. I have done an IF of 0.97 for 2 hours on a couple of occasions in the last 6 months. Search "Ad-hoc research - Intensity Factor based on Session RPE and Duration" over at wattage for more anecdotal references.

giannip said:
Someone told someone else they did this in training :)
This is where you have to ask two questions:
1) What power meter and if appropriate zeroing/calibration was carried out beforehand.
2) What type of person is this.

If it's a pro rider, OK, I believe it.
If it's an elite amateur, OK, I could see it happening for sure.
If it's Rick Murphy (rmur), Yes, I believe it. :)

Steve_B said:
This is where you have to ask two questions:
1) What power meter and if appropriate zeroing/calibration was carried out beforehand.
2) What type of person is this.

If it's a pro rider, OK, I believe it.
If it's an elite amateur, OK, I could see it happening for sure.
If it's Rick Murphy (rmur), Yes, I believe it. :)
:)

I believe it was an A cat rider so I would tend to believe it.

Depending on the size of the rider that's not necessarily much of a feat.
On a good day, even I might be able to pull it off, or close.
But hey, I weigh 210lbs (at 6'4").