Cycling Equipment · Public discussion

What headlight do I need?

Started by Schorschi · · Last activity · 104 posts · 3,842 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
Cycling Equipment
Published
26 November 2005
Last activity
5 December 2005
Original author
Schorschi
Posts
104
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
3,842
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 101–104 of 104
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. :
    : While driving, it's amazing the difference in the quality of the rear
    : lights that I see. There are some very poor LED blinkers on the market.
    : Fortunately, the better blinkers are now very much in evidence, i.e. I
    : see a lot of the new Cateye TL-LD1000 Tailights on the road, which are
    : clearly the best LED tail light on the market, albeit at a fairly high
    : price ($25 from Nashbar).

    I have gotten quite a bit of comments about my Serfas red taillight. People
    tell me they can see it from at least a mile away.

    Pat in TX

  2. Pat said:

    :
    : While driving, it's amazing the difference in the quality of the rear
    : lights that I see. There are some very poor LED blinkers on the market.
    : Fortunately, the better blinkers are now very much in evidence, i.e. I
    : see a lot of the new Cateye TL-LD1000 Tailights on the road, which are
    : clearly the best LED tail light on the market, albeit at a fairly high
    : price ($25 from Nashbar).

    I have gotten quite a bit of comments about my Serfas red taillight. People
    tell me they can see it from at least a mile away.

    What's the model number?

  3. Pat said:

    :
    I have gotten quite a bit of comments about my Serfas red taillight. People
    tell me they can see it from at least a mile away.

    I've gotten spontaneous compliments on my setup, too. IIRC, the one
    guy said "half a mile away." Not as good as your "at least a mile,"
    but good enough for me!

    I'm running a standard reflector mounted low, a red blinky (ancient
    Vistalite), sometimes a red generator taillight (filament type, 0.6
    watt) and things like reflective tape on pedals and rims. It doesn't
    take much.

    - Frank Krygowski

  4. Quoting SMS <[email hidden]>:

    Quoted message said:
    David Damerell said:

    Generally you don't manage to contradict yourself while actually quoting
    yourself saying the opposite. Well done!


    There is no contradiction there.

    Well, yes, there is. You've said we need the lights you sell in the city.
    Then we need them in the country. Right now we seem to need them both
    places, but that's a new development. You've changed your mind so many
    times on this one it's ridiculous.

    Particularly good, of course, is when you're saying one and fail to update
    your repertoire of "experts" so as not to quote anyone saying the
    opposite...
    --
    David Damerell <[email hidden]> Kill the tomato!
    Today is Gorgonzoladay, November - a weekend.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.