What is your faverite thing to do on a uni?

Orange wrote:
> *Does catboy have PMS? I thought only girls had that! :D
> Only kidding. *

Hahahahahahaha. That was great. It came very close to becoming my new
signature.

David

--
darchibald - Trials and Street rider

Pardon my French, but Cameron is so tight that if you stuck a lump of
coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond. - Ferris Bueller
darchibald's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6240

mgrant wrote:
> *It worked for my daughter during NAUCC2004. She was the only
> competitor in her racing category and she took home several gold
> medals.*

That's another problem we have. Our rules were too inflexible to adapt
to the crowd that came to the 2004 NAUCC. There should have been lots
more attention to dirt riding, and less on the "traditional" events.
Winning gold medals is great, but to really win, and to learn about the
meaning of sport, you have to have at least two competitors for it to be
a race. Some categories went completely empty, and there were something
like 1200 unused awards at the end.
> *I do agree though. If we're going to race lets move beyond the 24"
> wheel. *

We'll have to keep asking for this, and reminding people of why 24" is a
silly size to race on.
> *And lets make the marathon a full 26 miles 384 yards.*

Or at least call the 10k a 10k, and stop calling it a marathon. It used
to be, when 24" was the biggest wheel size, but now it only takes 20
minutes or so for the fastest riders. I like the 10k because it's
similar in length to my commute. Longer races would be harder to set up,
but a full marathon would be really cool to have someday. Cokers
definitely need longer races.

-mg [/B]

--
johnfoss - Walkin' on the edge

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

I totally agree John, Coker's need a lot more than 10k to race. It is
really hard to get your legs going for the first 5k, then second half
you are slowly getting up to full speed.... then it is over! :-(

As for "What is your faverite thing to do on a uni?"

I like any riding, but it has to be Muni at the moment.... :) Was out
riding between Christmas and NewYear in the Lake District. I rode from
Ambleside on the Coffin route to Grassmere, then up to Easdale tarn to
clear a hangover... rock hopping most of the way, up to where I had to
clamber. Then got over lip of the tarn to find myself in a massive
freezing hail storm! So I turned and fled back down the track, which
was more like a river, at full speed! :-D wow! Totally recommendable.
That feeling you get when you are going at speed down a rough downhill
your body stable and balanced even though you are jumping and hopping
down the rocks and you are thinking... I must fall soon... I must... I
must. Definatately reminds me what I love.

Roger

--
rogeratunicycledotcom - ok ish Unicyclist
rogeratunicycledotcom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4116