What kinda music does everyone like?

IEatRice4Dinner

Jul 19, 2004
Im into metal and rock old and new none of that screeming stuff. metallica, ozzy/sabbath, guns and roses, acdc, iron maiden bunch more....

so what u guys like?

IEatRice4Dinner said:
Im into metal and rock old and new none of that screeming stuff. metallica, ozzy/sabbath, guns and roses, acdc, iron maiden bunch more....

so what u guys like?
If I were just a little older, I would swear you were listing the groups you see as that "screaming stuff" I tend to listen to a variety of music, and with my short commute, I don't listen much daily, but I do listen while hauling my bike to a ride.

On the road, either to a ride or whatever I do listen. Last week Ilistened to Jethro Tull, there is nothing like "Locomotive Breath" to get the blood moving. I also listen to almost any rock from the late 60's and early 70's (Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, old Elton John are a few faorites), some pop, classical, classic county (Hank Williams, Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, ...), New age (Enya etc), world (a variety, but especially like those with a latin beat), a variety of Jazz, including smooth, Big Band, dixieland and a little improvisational.

There is more music I would like to explore, but I have a big enough collection to last me through my middle ages and beyond.

Oh, as far as limitations:

No Opera!

Disco, only in moderation.

Only limited rap and hip-hop...

Its all about the jazz and the funk. Herbie Hancock, Sonny Rollins, Addison Groove Project, Soulive, Galactic, Garage A Trois, Topaz, Miles Davis, Rahssan Roland Kirk, Jaco Pastorious, wow....i really can keep going.....Charlie Hunter, John Ellis, Sex Mob, Charles Mingus, Tortoise.............and the list goes on, and on and on.

I'll give just about anything a chance. Genres I tend to stay away from are country, gospel, and death metal. The last CD I purchased was Modest Mouse's latest "Good News for People who Love Bad News" Awesome Cd.

Pete
http://www.viovio.com/anthropete

Currently playing the hell out of the following:

Pixies- Surfer Rosa
Melvins- Stoner Witch
Radiohead- Hail to the Thief, The Bends
The Shins- Oh, Inverted World

Also listening to:

Air
Crystal Method
Sometimes a little Motorhead, Black Sabbath and old Metallica
Tribe Called Quest
Deltron 3030
De La Soul
Ramones

No new country and opera, but otherwise open to all music.

IEatRice4Dinner said:

so what u guys like?
I have a lifelong appreciation for the bands you listed, being 39 and all. But over the last 10 years my CD collection has skewed heavily toward bluegrass. Not really old-school twangy stuff, but groups more like Seldom Scene, David Grisman, and most of all Tony Rice, and the stuff he did with his band, the Tony Rice Unit. More like jazz with guitar, bass, and mandolin really.

My current favorite XM station is X Country, channel 12. Been getting a crash course in Southern Culture on the Skids, Drive By Truckers, Townes Van Zandt and a lot of other artists that I had long heard of growing up near Chapel Hill, but had not actually heard. Good stuff.

I like peaceful and relaxing music most of the time, so this consists of folks like Waylon Jennings, Tori Amos and Johnny Cash.

When I'm listening to SIRIUS sat radio, I like to tune into the bluegrass country station. Aside from that, I tune into Alt Nation, but their main DJ, Madison, gets to me after a few drops. Around town I listen to 105.7 The Rebel Classic Country.

The only hard rock band that I like is Tool, but this is mostly due to Maynard's incredible singing abilities, not the message they're usually proclaiming through the lyrics.

I attended mass at St. Mary's Cathedral in Austin, and they had the most amazing chuch choir I'd ever heard. Pretty impressive, striclty from a musical point of view.

Metallica all the way. They haven't done a song that I don't like. I used to be a big Creed fan but Scott Stap screwed that all up. Seether is sounding really good lately too.

Nothing like a good Metallica song on when you are climbing a big hill.