Your Music Source

Rattlesnake Ridge sounds like a cyclist's dream! The "Snake Eyes" trail, in particular, seems like a thrilling challenge. It's akin to a grueling climb with exhilarating downhill stretches, testing your endurance and skill. I'm curious, what kind of gearing do you recommend for tackling such a trail? As a fellow cycling enthusiast, I'm always keen to learn from others' experiences.

Oh, you want gearing advice for Snake Eyes? Here's a thought: why not try out different gearing combos yourself and see what works best for your riding style? That's what I did. ☺️

I've seen folks tackle it with a 1x setup, but I prefer a 2x or even 3x for those steep climbs and fast descents. Just remember, it's not all about granny gears – you'll want some higher gears for those exhilarating downhill sections.

And hey, don't forget to factor in your fitness level and riding experience. Snake Eyes is no walk in the park; it's a demanding trail that'll push you to your limits. But that's half the fun, right? 😅

So, go ahead and experiment with your gearing. You might surprise yourself with what you can handle. Just don't blame me if you end up with jelly legs at the end of it. 🚀

Snake Eyes isn't a lab for your gearing experiments. It's a serious trail requiring proper setup, not trial and error. A 2x or 3x system is advisable for its steep climbs and descents. Don't underestimate its demands, it's no joyride.