Hmmm......
You could try lots of different stuff. Like John Childs said, backward
seat in front is a good one. You can also try backward seat in back. I
learned it before backward seat in front, so it's not too much harder.
Seat drag is very hard, comparitively, and I don't recommend you start
work on it for a while, because it's very easy to screw up your unicycle
and yourself doing it. (Trust me. I bent my rim within ten minutes or so
of my first attempt. When I came back to it six months later, I learned
it fairly quickly.) It's a great skill, but you need to be really,
really, good at seat out riding first, so you can ride seat out holding
the seat very losely, but without much wobbling. The best and certainly
most interesting way to get that good at seat out riding is to work on
seat out backward, as well as odd tricks like seat in front one-footed
(with the seat tight against your body it's not that hard) and chin on
seat riding. (just requires a little practice with squat-riding
first.)
You might want to consider starting coasting. Coasting takes very long
to learn, (six months for me, simply to go 10m and ride out once) but I
don't think it matters much when you start. Since coasting reflexes are
completely different from regular riding reflexes, you can't build them
any way except by trying it again and again and again. (Unlike most of
the other high level tricks, where you apply lots of stuff from lower
level skills.) I started on it when I was just learning 1ftWW, and I'm
very glad I did.
A much maligned skill which I think you could start on is hand wheel
walk with the stomach on the seat. I learned this shortly after 1ftWW,
so I don't think it's nearly as hard as is sometimes thought.
Rather than practicing backward WW, which is in my opinion harder than
seat drag, you could try backward spoke walk. For this trick, you put
your feet on the sides of the tire behind the frame and push the wheel
backward. Most people think it's harder than regular backward WW, but I
think it's easier, since you're pushing, like in regular WW, rather than
pulling. There's a video of me doing it in a circle 'here.'
(http://tinyurl.com/4ypgy)
You can learn to hop standing on the wheel. This is a very easy skill
which doesn't require any unicycling reflexes, but it's useful for
sideways wheel walk and passing level six, and it's kind of fun. The
transitions are tough, but not outside your current limits. Just make
sure you don't let go of the seat while hopping up there, because that's
another good way to damage your uni.
And finally, learn lots of mounts, especially into things besides
regular riding. A lot of them are really cool, and you'll need a bunch
if you ever want to pass level seven or higher.
If you want advice on how to learn certain of these skills, check out
'The Unicyclopedia's Freestyle Page.' (http://tinyurl.com/4y69y)
--
jsm - Freestyle Expert
Help edit the Unicyclopedia!
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/The_Unicyclopedia
------------------------------------------------------------------------
jsm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6911
View this thread: http://www.unicyclist.com/thread/39389