What's your cycling resolution for 2005?

Find a way to take my cycling more seriously, while having even more fun. Buy a new bike. (O.K. that naked thing too) Good luck to everyone with their goals.

• Well, the naked thing. Getting naked more, and looking good doing it!
• Increase my weekly miles over 250.
• Ride my 27 mile route in an hour.
• And getting naked more often. Did I already mention that?

waterboy420 said:
SNIP
• And getting naked more often. Did I already mention that?

My advice is to stop taking a bath with your shorts on and start washing your body while you're naked :D

Sorry, can't miss the chance :p

I will try to get to the office on time after my mornig trainning, I'm almost one hour late every day ...

ghostpedal said:
Find a way to take my cycling more seriously, while having even more fun. Buy a new bike. (O.K. that naked thing too) Good luck to everyone with their goals.

I really don't have a thing about getting naked but would like to get a government grant to research the possibility of making womens see thru Lycra. They can ride and tan.

I think see-thru Lycra is worth "looking into" get it looking into! Oh never mind!

Riding more miles to work than I drive this year. Going to be tough with 5 months of winter temps, but it's a goal. Joining the local Wednesday night rides, and doing my first ride across the state (RAGBRAI). A side goal would be to wear out the original set of tires on my Felt..

To maximize my training and perform my best in my races, regardless of how well I do/place.

But, most importantly, love every second I'm on the bike and get away from all the stresses of life.

[1] to stop wimping out when the weather is bad ( "no such thing as the wrong weather only the wrong clothes" )

[2] to consistently use an hrm to get the most out of my commute rides, and keep a log.

[3] to try an actual plan of hard/easy days, long rides etc.

1) Do a 5 hour solo century (best time so far is 5:21, 18.75 mph average)
2) Do 6 centuries.
3) Race a 24 hour mtb race (team)
4) Finish top ten for the season in local mtb series (sport class)
5) Enter a road race
6) Have fun doing it all
7) Oh, and get naked with a good looking female (my wife) as much as possible.

LowCel said:
1) Do a 5 hour solo century (best time so far is 5:21, 18.75 mph average)
2) Do 6 centuries.
3) Race a 24 hour mtb race (team)
4) Finish top ten for the season in local mtb series (sport class)
5) Enter a road race
6) Have fun doing it all
7) Oh, and get naked with a good looking female (my wife) as much as possible.
When I was cycling years ago before taking a l-o-n-g break from it, I had a goal of a 5 hour century. While I am not in that kind of shape right now (a 6 hr century this spring?), I admire that goal. You have already given me a goal for either late summer, fall, or next season. Thanks and best of luck.

1) Ride at least two centuries this year... one in spring, one in fall

2) Take more epic MTB rides...possibly Tsali, West Virginia

3) Get the website up and going... www.maxnbelles.com

4) Get my cardio back after my 2 month break for a hernia surgery

5) Get down to 195 from 215

6) Climb all the local mtns by the end of the year... Hanging Rock, Pilot Mountain, and Sauratown Mtn.

7) Ride at least 4 times a week...even if it means riding a trainer...

To Cycle 12,000 + miles in this calendar year.

This resolution will be achieved.

Start riding again after virtually no riding for 4 months.

Ride Land's End to John o' Groats :D

Oh and the naked thing. But I get naked a lot anyway - maybe I should aim to improve my PB time for getting naked.

Sorry if this is a repost (I haven't read through all of these), but...

NOT SPEND ALL MY MONEY ON BIKE EQUIPMENT!!!

Seriously, folks... it is an addiction that I have a hard time curbing. Just keep telling yourself: "It's all in the legs, it's all in the legs..."