Wheel Sizes



swcycling

New Member
May 28, 2004
18
0
0
I got a new bike at a garage sale that ive been fixing up and I want to get some new tubes and tires but i dont know what size to get, how can i measure this?
 

ed073

New Member
May 19, 2004
1,528
0
0
49
swcycling said:
I got a new bike at a garage sale that ive been fixing up and I want to get some new tubes and tires but i dont know what size to get, how can i measure this?

It should be on the tyre sidewall....failing this, take a wheel to your LBS.
 

swcycling

New Member
May 28, 2004
18
0
0
Thanks, I know it should be but they are very worn, and I just wondered if there was a way to measure it.
 

ed073

New Member
May 19, 2004
1,528
0
0
49
swcycling said:
Thanks, I know it should be but they are very worn, and I just wondered if there was a way to measure it.


Is it a defninte racing bike? How new?

Should be 700c
 

boudreaux

New Member
Oct 16, 2003
5,133
0
0
swcycling said:
I got a new bike at a garage sale that ive been fixing up and I want to get some new tubes and tires but i dont know what size to get, how can i measure this?
Look on the rims.If they aren't marked,take a rim to LBS.
 

swcycling

New Member
May 28, 2004
18
0
0
Its a Schwinn Worldsport, i guess my question is: Is it possible for me to measure the wheel myself?
 

ed073

New Member
May 19, 2004
1,528
0
0
49
swcycling said:
Its a Schwinn Worldsport, i guess my question is: Is it possible for me to measure the wheel myself?


that's 27". You can measure the diameter with a normal tape measure.
 

swcycling

New Member
May 28, 2004
18
0
0
So if the tires on my other bike are 700 x 20 - 28c, what are these? What do the numbers mean? If i know the diameter, which number is it?
 

boudreaux

New Member
Oct 16, 2003
5,133
0
0
ed073 said:
Take a pill mate....how many 650c road bikes have you seen??
I've never seen the Golden Gate Bridge,but have no doubt it exists.That's why I don't guess.... mate.
 

ed073

New Member
May 19, 2004
1,528
0
0
49
boudreaux said:
I've never seen the Golden Gate Bridge,but have no doubt it exists.That's why I don't guess.... mate.


Good point. This is life or death stuff.