Wheelset troubles

RatBikes

Jul 31, 2019
I was going to build a set of wheels for my bike but, like all things I'm passionate about, I didn't do research and expected stuff to work. Obviously, my DIY wheels aren't working, so I'm trying to find a pre-build wheelset (without tires, that's easy enough to find). Anyways, I'm looking for a wheelset whixh is 27.5" (or 650b), with an inner diameter of anywhere from 23-26mm, and an axle size of 148mm x 9mm. If any other specification is required I will be happy to help you help me, and any suggestions would be great.

Many thanks, and I will be as active as possible in this thread.

I was going to build a set of wheels for my bike but, like all things I'm passionate about, I didn't do research and expected stuff to work. Obviously, my DIY wheels aren't working, so I'm trying to find a pre-build wheelset (without tires, that's easy enough to find). Anyways, I'm looking for a wheelset whixh is 27.5" (or 650b), with an inner diameter of anywhere from 23-26mm, and an axle size of 148mm x 9mm. If any other specification is required I will be happy to help you help me, and any suggestions would be great.

Many thanks, and I will be as active as possible in this thread.
There are some good videos by professionals on YouTube about working on bikes. One of them teaches you how to lace a wheel. You will need a truing stand and a spoke tension gauge. If you don't have them, then you're wasting your time. Perhaps you could take the parts you bought and ask a bike shop to put them together?

Here is a good place to look for informational videos: Art's Cyclery