When nature sucks?

Agreed. Visualize a boat paddle being swept through the surface water. After a mass of water is
displaced, numerous vortices result. Caused by shearing between two separating masses. Oooo, weather
stuff in the ARBR group, my other passion. MB

> "Paul Worden" skrev...
> > That wasn't Nature sucking...that was Nature blowing...and I HATE THAT!
:)

> Nah, thermal detaching from the ground. IMHO the vortex is caused by the warm air exiting upwards.
>
> So I still maintain it sucked. ;-)
>
> Mikael

My favorite happened as I crested a mile long hill. I was sucking and managed to inhale a bee. I was
not amused when I was stung in the tongue. Fortunately for me the reaction was only mild swelling
and a considerable amount of pain. From the bee's perspective "Nature Sucks".

Mikael Seierup <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> Everyone has experienced nature from its best side on a bent. But what about those times when you
> could have done without it?
>
> For me it happened last summer while touring. It was very hot and sunny weather with nary a breeze
> so I was wearing a thick coat of sunscreen and sweating a bit as I rode along with all my gear.
> Sticky is the word that comes to mind.
>
> What then appears 10 meters in front of the bike? A dustdevil containing lots of sand and grit. It
> swept over me so now I had a nice coating of sand all over that stayed put because of the
> sunscreen. Nature sucks. ;-)
>
> M.

news:<[email protected]>...
> tall tale thing again....sheesh

I certainly can't match that one. The closest I have is from about 20 years ago.

I was riding an old bike, while Darrel was riding his sleak new racer. All day he'd been riding
circles around me... dropping back then zooming past.

We were going through River Park, when he came zipping past, made the sharp turn & the bike slipped
out from under him. He must have slid and rolled about 20 feet through the grass. Other than a sore
shoulder he was fine... until he looked down.

It seems the local geese had been lubricating the path. <g