So where does everyone live in the UK and what type of riding do you do?
I live south of Manchester and at the moment I'm mostly road riding (although I do love the track!!).
A community for cyclists, gear, training and racing.
UK and Europe · Public discussion
Thread navigation
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
So where does everyone live in the UK and what type of riding do you do?
I live south of Manchester and at the moment I'm mostly road riding (although I do love the track!!).
South of Manchester and mostly commuting, though occassional decent runs around Cheshire and Derbyshire when the wife and kids let me.
Outside of London (on the west). Recently got my first road bike and ride just for sheer enjoyment. The Chiltern hills make for nicely varied gradients.
I live in Sheffield and enjoy rides in the Peak District some great hills to test me 🙂
I live in Manchester City Centre and spend most of my time commuting and dodging shards of glass down Deansgate 🙂
Quoted post said:Originally posted by 2LAP
So where does everyone live in the UK and what type of riding do you do?
I live south of Manchester and at the moment I'm mostly road riding (although I do love the track!!).
I live in sunny, south Wales, but originally from Manchester. Sounds like Deansgate is still the same!
I ride road races. The hills round here are great for training!
Ric
I live on the north side of Sheffield. Why do so many people in this forum live around the Peak District?
I'm just getting back into cycling after a five year gap. I used to do mainly time-trialling and a bit of road racing and cyclo-cross, but my plans now are for Audax-type events. I did "Phil and Friends" last summer and really enjoyed it - though I was shocked at how unfit I was.
Quoted post said:Originally posted by pineapple
Outside of London (on the west). Recently got my first road bike and ride just for sheer enjoyment. The Chiltern hills make for nicely varied gradients.
Hi,
I live in Newbury, near reading. Do you cycle alone or in a group? I ride a cheapo MB but like to ride the roads, especially the country roads on a nice sunny day. You looking for a ride partner?
Chris
Quoted post said:Originally posted by ChrisWestBerks
Hi,
I live in Newbury, near reading. Do you cycle alone or in a group? I ride a cheapo MB but like to ride the roads, especially the country roads on a nice sunny day. You looking for a ride partner?
Chris
Yeah I kind of am, but I don't think Newbury is really within reach from here unfortunately. I think I'm quite a ways to the north east of you. Thing is, I've seen a fair few lone warriors out on the roads near Beaconsfield (and one particular beauty on my street today on a sweet looking Trek) but none of them seem to be part of the CF community. If there are any other weekend recreational roadies out there near me, I wouldn't mind hearing from you.
Oh yeah, and check out my new avatar 😄 😄 😄
Quoted post said:Originally posted by pineapple
Outside of London (on the west). Recently got my first road bike and ride just for sheer enjoyment. The Chiltern hills make for nicely varied gradients.
Yeah, my girlfriend and I have been riding the chilterns over the bank holiday weekend. There are some great rides there!! And some [censored] steep climbs too. Luckily none of them are very long...
Baughurst, Hampshire.
Litigation executive - I sue people.
i live in whitstable, kent and ride alone but am willing to ride in a group. and i build boats for a living. if your from this area conact me
On the coast where Exmoor meets the sea at Lynmouth. The hills here are 1 in 4 (25%), so cycling is hard but rewarding, I believe the scenery here is about as beautiful as anything I've seen and I've travelled on every continent. I'm on a gap year and in training to ride across America in 25 days at the end of the summer.
Quoted post said:Originally posted by 2LAP
So where does everyone live in the UK and what type of riding do you do?
I live south of Manchester and at the moment I'm mostly road riding (although I do love the track!!).
Hi everyone, im from Scotland, i have a mtb and a road bike, ride everywhere i can, west coast is great, glencoe (devils staircase), fort william.
Hi all,
Just joined the group. My name is peter, 45 and from Belgium. Have plans to do some cycling in the U.K.. Joined the group to learn more about cycling in England.
Quoted post said:Originally posted by 2LAP
So where does everyone live in the UK and what type of riding do you do?
I live south of Manchester and at the moment I'm mostly road riding (although I do love the track!!).
Hi, my name is Sean, I am 47, live on Dartmoor and I am an occassional installer of office furniture and a much more regular rider of a Trek 5500 (both of which the wife has a problem with). I am suffering from a mid-life (yes I intend to live to 94) crisis involving bikes and trying to make them go faster, I guess it makes a change from sports cars and dolly birds 😄
I'm from West Cumbria, I reckon we've got the best part of the country for cycling up here! I ride road races and time trials. did do mtbing but its all about hopping about and goin downhill now :-(
Hi all, from east coast of Norfolk ... so i don't do hills !
Ride mainly the quiet country lanes round the Norfolk Broads, and occasionally a few stretches of Norfolk & Suffolk coastline, up to about 50 miles a day max. Enjoy cycling for the scenery rather than sport, sometimes do a 2 - 3 day outing, with panniers & tent-up somewhere overnight.
Anyone else in the area ?
Quoted post said:Originally posted by 2LAP
So where does everyone live in the UK and what type of riding do you do?
I live south of Manchester and at the moment I'm mostly road riding (although I do love the track!!).
I live in Limerick City (Ireland) : originally from Dublin.
I am a Finance Manager (Accountant).
I cycle between 50-150 miles per week (former competitive cyclist)
Don't compete anymore (too old - 38).
On Saturday next, I am cycling from Limerick to Dublin (125 miles).
Active in the last 60 minutes
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.