Where is the best place to live for cycling?

szbert

Oct 12, 2004
Can of worms time . . .
Of all the places in the world, where is the single best place (be specific) to be a cyclist? Not a racer, but someone who loves to ride, as much as possible.
I'd think we'd need to consider things like, variety of terrain, good roads, decent drivers, uncrowded roads, access to a velodrome, good weather . . .
In the USA, a high percentage of top riders come from areas like Eastern Pennsylvania, Colorado Springs, Northern California.

My pick . . . Monterey California. Plenty of hills in the area, big ones near Santa Cruz, lots of uncrowded roads - flat & rolling (especially abandonded Fort Ord), Plenty of other cyclists so drivers are used to us, velodrome 'nearby' in San Jose, pretty darn good weather . . .

What say you?:cool:

szbert said:
Can of worms time . . .
Of all the places in the world, where is the single best place (be specific) to be a cyclist? Not a racer, but someone who loves to ride, as much as possible.
I'd think we'd need to consider things like, variety of terrain, good roads, decent drivers, uncrowded roads, access to a velodrome, good weather . . .
In the USA, a high percentage of top riders come from areas like Eastern Pennsylvania, Colorado Springs, Northern California.

My pick . . . Monterey California. Plenty of hills in the area, big ones near Santa Cruz, lots of uncrowded roads - flat & rolling (especially abandonded Fort Ord), Plenty of other cyclists so drivers are used to us, velodrome 'nearby' in San Jose, pretty darn good weather . . .

What say you?:cool:
It's a can of rehashed worms. There was just a long, recent thread (last couple of weeks) dealing with precisely the same question. You might do a search for it.