Where to buy bent tires online/phone

Discussion in 'Recumbent bicycles' started by Nathan, Jun 17, 2003.

  1. Nathan

    Nathan Guest

    Our only shop closed. Where can I get Comets or Schwables online for C-dale??

    Thanks,

    Tags:

  2. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    I like using The Hostel Shoppe or Gaerlan

  3. Tom Blum

    Tom Blum Guest

  4. Pj

    Pj Guest

    "Nathan" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Our only shop closed. Where can I get Comets or Schwables online for C-dale??
    >
    > Thanks,

    My suggestion would be to support the bent specific vendors both on line and locally. For tires or
    tyres, Zach Kaplan is a real authority and his knowledge can save you money in purchasing the best
    tire for your needs first. He can be reached at zakaplan at earthlink dot net.

    Pat Mc

  5. On Tue, 17 Jun 2003 19:44:06 -0500, "Nathan" <[email protected]> wrote:

    >Our only shop closed. Where can I get Comets or Schwables online for C-dale??

    I usually try to support shops that specialize in recumbents. Mostly Hostel Shoppe
    (http://www.hostelshoppe.com/) because they have the best on-line catalog.

  6. I have em.

    Inc 1-800-586-6645 "bentcruiser" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Nathan wrote:
    > > Our only shop closed. Where can I get Comets or Schwables online for C-dale?? Thanks,
    >

    > I like using http://www.hostelshoppe.comThe Hostel Shoppe[/URL] or http://www.gaerlan.com]Gaerlan
    >

    > --
    > - - - - Derek Burley Canto, modified

  7. Don

    Don Guest

  8. bentcruiser

    bentcruiser New Member

    Joined:
    Apr 18, 2003
    This is the best suggestion. I use the Hostel Shoppe when my local LBS cannot get what I want for one reason or another.

  9. [email protected] (Don) wrote in message news:<b[email protected]>...
    > You can go right to the source and purchase or just get good info and purchase local.
    >
    > http://www.schwalbe.com

    OR if that address freezes up your computer - as it did mine - www.schwalbetires.com works for me. I
    ordered Schwalbe Marathon Plus (extra compound) for my TerraTrike (A+!!), so I just ordered 3 more
    for my Optima.

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  10. Don

    Don Guest

    Chris, Thanks for the alternate link. I forgot to mention I really like Schwalbe 349 tubes. They
    are tough and hold pressure extremely well. I have not tried their other sizes so I can not
    speak for them.

    [email protected] (Christopher Jordan) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > [email protected] (Don) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > > You can go right to the source and purchase or just get good info and purchase local.
    > >
    > > http://www.schwalbe.com
    >
    > OR if that address freezes up your computer - as it did mine - www.schwalbetires.com works for me.
    > I ordered Schwalbe Marathon Plus (extra compound) for my TerraTrike (A+!!), so I just ordered 3
    > more for my Optima.
    >
    > Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  11. Nathan

    Nathan Guest

    Thanks for the advice so far. I'm not trolling for responses but I am still looking at tires. Right
    now, I am still considering Comets (Burley just started using them, looks like kevlar is the latest)
    Schwalbe (which you think, Marathon Slick/Plus?).

    Good source of inner tubes too? Are there any presta valves.

  12. Geob

    Geob Guest

    > I am still considering Comets

    It will be a while before I buy another, even though some folks have good results with them. I
    recently replaced my comet @ 1000 mi, it was chopped up from small rocks n stuff. Punture it by
    looking at it. I bought a Schalbe Marathon Kevlar slick and so far I love it. Is it slower? Maybe, I
    don't know. It is heavier and thicker, and that is desireable on my daily ride.

    > Good source of inner tubes too? Are there any presta valves.

    My LBS has both types.

    GeoB

  13. parsec1953

    parsec1953 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2003
    And after all these years I always thought everyone wanted round tires, not bent ones! {rimshot} :D

  14. La

    La Guest

    If speed is the concern go with the slicks. If you carry weight, tour, ride in the rain or want a
    "cushioned" ride go with the plus. I have both. Both are great. The Primos just don't compare re:
    longevity. Lon HepCat

    Nathan wrote:

    > Thanks for the advice so far. I'm not trolling for responses but I am still looking at tires.
    > Right now, I am still considering Comets (Burley just started using them, looks like kevlar is the
    > latest) Schwalbe (which you think, Marathon Slick/Plus?).
    >
    > Good source of inner tubes too? Are there any presta valves.

  15. parsec1953 <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > And after all these years I always thought everyone wanted round tires, not bent ones!
    > {rimshot} :D

    After 2 weeks of no e-mail response from Schwalbe, or 5 bike shops, I pretty much give up. Next time
    I go on vacation long distances I will buy tires miles away. My Optima has Vredestein tyres so I
    tried 2 weeks now to get them, and Schwalbes for my TerraTrike.

    No answers.

    BAH!

    At this point even a bent tire sounds good!

    Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

  16. [email protected] (Christopher Jordan) wrote in message
    news:<[email protected]>...
    > parsec1953 <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > And after all these years I always thought everyone wanted round tires, not bent ones!
    > > {rimshot} :D
    >
    > After 2 weeks of no e-mail response from Schwalbe, or 5 bike shops, I pretty much give up. Next
    > time I go on vacation long distances I will buy tires miles away. My Optima has Vredestein tyres
    > so I tried 2 weeks now to get them, and Schwalbes for my TerraTrike.
    >
    > No answers.
    >
    > BAH!
    >
    > At this point even a bent tire sounds good!
    >
    > Chris Jordan Santa Cruz, CA.

    Hi Chris,

    If you can't buy them locally, I highly recommend Jude at the Wheel Doctor, 1-800-586-6645. He is a
    knowledgeable poster to this NG, charges fair prices and doesn't kill you on high "shipping and
    handling" fees. Plus he's a good guy! Regards, Greg Dorfmeier, Smyna, GA RANS V2 #005