Where's Asher When You Really Need Him?

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

> "William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
>>
>> But you are absolutely correct. Everyone knows that Icelandic
>> temperature records are a direct proxy for global mean temperature.

> Well, at least those smart enough to know that the THEORY of global
> warming posits that the greatest change in temperature will occur in
> the arctic and antarctic regions. But I'm sure that you simply missed
> that one.

Thomas Acrimonias:

Here is a plot showing the polar amplification:

http://tinyurl.com/ywsg38

You will note (if you click on the link) that Iceland, at 64 N latitude
and smack dab in the middle of the Gulf Stream, doesn't show nearly the
polar amplification required for your point to make any sense.

--
Bill Asher

"Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> In article <[email protected]>, "Tom
> Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>
>> "howard kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>> > In article <[email protected]>, "Tom
>> > Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>> >>
>> > http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=
>> > 24760_The_Great_Global_Warming_Swindle&only

>> > You cite Little Green Footballs?
>> > HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

>> Leave it to a stupid MF such as yourself to not be aware that they were
>> citing BBC. But then it's really no surprise that you're incapable of
>> actually reading anything.

> If it's on LGF, then one can very safely assume that it's taken out of
> context to the point of uselessness.

So you haven't actually bothered to watch it. I suppose that's why you're an
expert on it.

"William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in
> news:[email protected]:
>
>> "William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>> news:[email protected]...
>>>
>>> But you are absolutely correct. Everyone knows that Icelandic
>>> temperature records are a direct proxy for global mean temperature.

>> Well, at least those smart enough to know that the THEORY of global
>> warming posits that the greatest change in temperature will occur in
>> the arctic and antarctic regions. But I'm sure that you simply missed
>> that one.

> Thomas Acrimonias:
>
> Here is a plot showing the polar amplification:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ywsg38
>
> You will note (if you click on the link) that Iceland, at 64 N latitude
> and smack dab in the middle of the Gulf Stream, doesn't show nearly the
> polar amplification required for your point to make any sense.

I see, another expert witness that hasn't watched the evidence. Why should
ANYONE be surprised at you?

In article <[email protected]>, "Tom
Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:

> "Howard Kveck" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...

> > If it's on LGF, then one can very safely assume that it's taken out of
> > context to the point of uselessness.

> So you haven't actually bothered to watch it. I suppose that's why you're an
> expert on it.

When it comes to intellectual dishonesty, LGF's Charles Johnson ranks
pretty high. Which is why you feel such kinship with him, I suspect. Hey,
did you ever check out that Harper's link on Iraq?

--
tanx,
Howard

"Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote in
news:[email protected]:

<snip>

> I see, another expert witness that hasn't watched the evidence. Why
> should ANYONE be surprised at you?

Because I am extraordinarily cute when I try to be. Luckily I can turn
it off so I can get some work done, or just chill, when I need/want to.
You undoubtedly have the same problem so I am preaching to the choir on
this.

But I digress. If you mean the TV4 thing, I did watch the part with Carl
Wunsch in it (and I sort of scanned through a lot of the rest checking
out the other "experts" to see if it was the usual cast of dopes (it
was)). Mainly I wanted to see why Wunsch was so ****** off. Here's
Wunsch's comments on the film:

http://tinyurl.com/35lz72

These guys also do a pretty good job of deconstructing the arguments in
the TV4 thing.

http://tinyurl.com/2pj5x5

Incidentally, if anyone is really interested in getting the scientific
skinny on climate change, realclimate.org is a great resource. If you go
down the list of the people running the site, you will note those guys
are hard hard climate nerds (and I mean that in a good way). None of
this namby-pamby geography/botany/m.d. degree **** for those guys. The
guest commentators rock as well.

I am also going to make a March 12th resolution that I will not be
trolled by Tom into climate debates anymore. The sound of my ripostes
clanging off his head make me giggle, but I realize I am essentially
whacking off. Besides, the guys at realclimate already said everything
way better than I can anyway.

--
Bill Asher

Tom Kunich wrote:
> "William Asher" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]...
> >
> > But you are absolutely correct. Everyone knows that Icelandic temperature
> > records are a direct proxy for global mean temperature.

> Well, at least those smart enough to know that the THEORY of global warming
> posits that the greatest change in temperature will occur in the arctic and
> antarctic regions. But I'm sure that you simply missed that one.

Yes, but what does temperatures in Iceland have to do with
temperatures in the Arctic region, Iceland is outside the Arctic.

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
> Munro will think of a Lisp joke.

Sorry, I was watching the prolog.

> Yes, but what does temperatures in Iceland have to do with
> temperatures in the Arctic region, Iceland is outside the Arctic.

Perhaps in the KAU Iceland has a bias to the left causing it to fall
within the Artic circle.

> but I realize I am essentially whacking off.

Sometimes whacking off is essential.

On Mar 13, 2:43 am, William Asher <[email protected]> wrote:
> "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote innews:[email protected]:
>
> <snip>
>

> > I see, another expert witness that hasn't watched the evidence. Why
> > should ANYONE be surprised at you?

> Because I am extraordinarily cute when I try to be. Luckily I can turn
> it off so I can get some work done, or just chill, when I need/want to.
> You undoubtedly have the same problem so I am preaching to the choir on
> this.
>
> But I digress. If you mean the TV4 thing, I did watch the part with Carl
> Wunsch in it (and I sort of scanned through a lot of the rest checking
> out the other "experts" to see if it was the usual cast of dopes (it
> was)). Mainly I wanted to see why Wunsch was so ****** off. Here's
> Wunsch's comments on the film:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/35lz72
>
> These guys also do a pretty good job of deconstructing the arguments in
> the TV4 thing.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/2pj5x5
>
> Incidentally, if anyone is really interested in getting the scientific
> skinny on climate change, realclimate.org is a great resource. If you go
> down the list of the people running the site, you will note those guys
> are hard hard climate nerds (and I mean that in a good way). None of
> this namby-pamby geography/botany/m.d. degree **** for those guys. The
> guest commentators rock as well.
>
> I am also going to make a March 12th resolution that I will not be
> trolled by Tom into climate debates anymore. The sound of my ripostes
> clanging off his head make me giggle, but I realize I am essentially
> whacking off. Besides, the guys at realclimate already said everything
> way better than I can anyway.
>
> --
> Bill Asher

Then some people ARE idiots on this thing:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070312/ap_on_sc/polar_trek;_ylt=AnZkL13ePjdbegT0j7HyGXXMWM0F

Quoted:

Atwood said there was some irony that a trip to call attention to
global warming was scuttled in part by extreme cold temperatures.

"They were experiencing temperatures that weren't expected with global
warming," Atwood said. "But one of the things we see with global
warming is unpredictability."

Talk about buying into the highest of the hype!
Miami beach at the North Pole. I don't think anyones even predicted
tropical weather at the poles TODAY!
Here's their sign! and it says "Morons R Us"
This is like that asshole who was "loving" the "cuddly" grizzlies and
got his girlfriend killed too.
Just because you "BELIEVE" doesn't make it so.
Bill C

William Asher wrote:
> clang

Surely you've noticed the mechanical nature of his responses
before now.

Bob Schwartz

On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:48:17 GMT, Bob Schwartz
<[email protected]> wrote:

>William Asher wrote:
>> clang

>Surely you've noticed the mechanical nature of his responses
>before now.
>
>Bob Schwartz

For some reason, I locked in on 'maniacal' instead. In deference to
the bot origin, I suggest perhaps, "mechaniacal".

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...

Bob Schwartz wrote:

> William Asher wrote:
>> clang

> Surely you've noticed the mechanical nature of his responses
> before now.

I always thought you were just teasing.

And don't call me Shirley.

--
Bill Asher

In article <[email protected]>, Bob Schwartz
<[email protected]> wrote:

> William Asher wrote:
> > clang

> Surely you've noticed the mechanical nature of his responses
> before now.

The older version of the Tom-bot never linked to any cites. The new
version does, but they've been easily swatted down. The one to LGF was
pretty simple. But I have to hand it to you, Bob, for getting it to do one
that was a link to a Coulter column - there was no indication that was
the target from the link. Fiendish.

--

Curtis L. Russell wrote:
> For some reason, I locked in on 'maniacal' instead. In deference to
> the bot origin, I suggest perhaps, "mechaniacal".

You must be a Marilyn Manson fan.

Howard Kveck wrote:
> The older version of the Tom-bot never linked to any cites. The new
> version does, but they've been easily swatted down. The one to LGF was
> pretty simple. But I have to hand it to you, Bob, for getting it to do one
> that was a link to a Coulter column - there was no indication that was
> the target from the link. Fiendish.

He is implementing Kunich Next Generation (Kunich NG) in Prolog, which is
so convoluted its fiendish.

On Mar 12, 11:43 pm, William Asher <[email protected]> wrote:

> Incidentally, if anyone is really interested in getting the scientific
> skinny on climate change, realclimate.org is a great resource. If you go
> down the list of the people running the site, you will note those guys
> are hard hard climate nerds (and I mean that in a good way). None of
> this namby-pamby geography/botany/m.d. degree **** for those guys. The
> guest commentators rock as well.

I haven't developed any interest so far, but if I do, I'll check it
out.

_Global Warming Is Not a Threat But the Environmentalist Response to
It Is_, by George Reisman

http://blog.mises.org/archives/006368.asp#more

"See Link; the rising pH of the oceans has already eaten a hole in the
Atlantic's seabed. If we don't take action within the next year to
stop CO2 emissions, the hole will be too big to plug and all the
worlds water will slowly leak out."

Posted by: Al Gore at March 14, 2007 12:37 PM

> I am also going to make a March 12th resolution that I will not be
> trolled by Tom into climate debates anymore. The sound of my ripostes
> clanging off his head make me giggle, but I realize I am essentially
> whacking off.

Is that wrong?

in message <[email protected]>, Donald Munro
('[email protected]') wrote:

> William Asher wrote:
>>> Surely you've noticed the mechanical nature of his responses
>>> before now.

> Howard Kveck wrote:
>> The older version of the Tom-bot never linked to any cites. The new
>> version does, but they've been easily swatted down. The one to LGF was
>> pretty simple. But I have to hand it to you, Bob, for getting it to do
>> one
>> that was a link to a Coulter column - there was no indication that was
>> the target from the link. Fiendish.

> He is implementing Kunich Next Generation (Kunich NG) in Prolog, which is
> so convoluted its fiendish.

True, but if it isn't over in seven minutes you don't get to wear the
pretty yellow shirt.

Simon, used to write Prolog for a living. Not any more, thankfully...

;; All in all you're just another nick in the ball
-- Think Droid