Looking for a HRM with cadence function. Thinking of a Polar 725. I'd like to use the HRM for a few other activites as well e.g. XC skiing, but it will be mainly for the bike. Thanks.
Cycling Equipment · Public discussion
Which device has the best HRM and cadence function?
Thread navigation
Jump through the discussion
Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.
Thread details
What we know about this thread
- Original section
- Cycling Equipment
- Published
- 1 December 2004
- Last activity
- 2 December 2004
- Original author
- Meek One
- Posts
- 6
- Discussion status
- Public discussion
- Total views
- 1,370
- Views / 30 days
- 8
- Topics
The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.
-
-
Meek One said:
Looking for a HRM with cadence function. Thinking of a Polar 725. I'd like to use the HRM for a few other activites as well e.g. XC skiing, but it will be mainly for the bike. Thanks.
I use the Polar and love it...speed, cadence, and power (which I don't own). I can tell you that the speed and cadence logging are very nice.
Joe West
-
Meek One said:
Looking for a HRM with cadence function. Thinking of a Polar 725. I'd like to use the HRM for a few other activites as well e.g. XC skiing, but it will be mainly for the bike. Thanks.
You can save a few bucks and go with the 720 instead. The only difference is that the 725 can transfer data to a (Nokia, I think) cell phone. That doesn't seem very useful to me. The 720 is a great HRM with tons of features.
-
Thanks for the recommendations.
-
[font=Times New Roman]I order a Polar 720 and the power kit, and received a Polar 725 and the power kit, for the same price. They were out of 720s and rather than make me wait the shipped the 725. I also got the IR interface to download the HRM data to my computer.[/font]
[font=Times New Roman]I used the HRM for 2 rides now. And I like how the data is stored and displayed using the software that came with the 725. [/font]
[font=Times New Roman]If you are ever going to upgrade to the power kit, FYI… you don’t use the speed sensor or the cadence sensor, the power kit does it all. [/font]
-
That's good to know because I was in fact going to think about the power function later down the road as my training gets more structured. Just building a base right now, but would like to make sure I am training within certain HR parameters. Thanks again.
Active in the last 60 minutes
Active in this thread
0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total
No signed-in users are active right now.
No known search crawlers active right now.