Who is on the list of BANNED, GUILTY FIRED etc. cyclists due to doping

Yeah she/he is and I still haven't eaten yet... and I rode a century today+ (Not a big deal really because I have ridden 33 centuries this year... and I have only ridden 33 times. I am on EPO ... Eggrolls, Pizza and Oranges ...:eek:

CJ Smith said:
Thanks Cyclo... I appreciate the help! What was the name of the guy who's girlfriend (I think it was) was found with doping materials in her car trunk??

~CJ~

The person you are trying to remember could be either Raimondas Rumsas, or it could have been Dario Frigo. But im almost sure it was Rumsas, because if i recall right he was out of the country and his wife had to sit in jail for 3 months i believe. I could be wrong though.

doctorSpoc said:
Tammy Thomas

yes... yes that's a female i.e. 1st name is Tammy.. she might actually do jail time like Marion Jones for lying to congress...
322518981_04c0c0494e.jpg
Holy ****! Its James May from Top Gear!
James-May-Is-The-Stig.jpg

CJ Smith said:
Sorry Armstrong only makes the list in the minds of those who want him to be guilty. No matter how much you may dislike him, he is still clean in the eyes of history (drug tested and settled) and that footprint now rests for all of time so it seems... I can't imagine his case being reopened unless some very serious proof comes forward... Not impossible, just doubtful.

Dream On

doctorSpoc said:
it's a long sworded tail..
long sordid tale

doctorSpoc said:
the samples that contained EPO were from 1999... when a urine sample is taken from an athlete it's separated into an A vile and a B vile so it can go through the testing procedure twice so positives can be confirmed.
vial

I am not making fun of you dude, just assuming English is not your first language. I am learning another language myself and I know how much a pain in the a$$ it can be.
smile.gif

Thanks for the info on the B samples.

3rensho said:
long sordid tale....
Sense of humor dude.....Doc Spoc has no problems with the english language, I'm sure he was just exercising some poetic license.

I thought it was kinda clever when he posted that line.

-Dave
[edit]PS I see you're just learning the language, after getting the basics you'll find there's an endless amount of slang, colloquialisms, and then just plain basterdizations that don't show up in the text books. Docs play on words is one way we tend to mess with the king's english. Good luck and figure out all those implicit plurals which tend to drive non english speakers crazy.

CJ Smith said:
Who is on this list?

This came to mind in a split second :eek:

Floyd Landis
Marco Pantani
David Millar
Ivan Basso
Jan Ulrich
Ricco what's his name...
Vino
Michael Rasmussen
"Tricky" Beltran

WHO ELSE???
yytt

daveryanwyoming said:
Sense of humor dude.....Doc Spoc has no problems with the english language, I'm sure he was just exercising some poetic license.

I thought it was kinda clever when he posted that line.

-Dave
[edit]PS I see you're just learning the language, after getting the basics you'll find there's an endless amount of slang, colloquialisms, and then just plain basterdizations that don't show up in the text books. Docs play on words is one way we tend to mess with the king's english. Good luck and figure out all those implicit plurals which tend to drive non english speakers crazy.
I do believe that it's currently the Queen's English...

... just sayin'

CJ Smith said:

I am all for a lifetime ban on cyclists Pro or otherwise giving the rest of us a bad name…

I'm sorry but I've never seen your name or picture in any big race results, like you try to compare to Pro cyclists... and oh, yes, everyone doped but me
< ____ > (in the 90's with EPO)

CJ Smith said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/special_report/1998/07/98/tour_de_france/134842.stm

Along with Virenque his Festina teammates were Alex Zulle, Pascal Herve, Laurent Dufaux, Christophe Moreau, Armin Meier, Didier Rous and Neil Stephens. They were all thrown out of 1998 TdF.

Mark Walsham, Great Britain

Willi Tackaert, Belgium

Barloworld

Moisés Dueñas Nevado

Frankie Andreu (He is the lisping guy :p on the Versus Network… WTF!... :eek: )

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/09/12/sports/othersports/12cycling.html?scp=7&sq=cyclist%20EPO&st=cse

I am all for a lifetime ban on cyclists Pro or otherwise giving the rest of us a bad name… I know that paying attention to this sport is probably more prominent in Europe than it will ever be here in the US, but someone should make a real stand… You want to ban Astana… Great (Stupid).. Then hand out lifetime bans to riders as well… Otherwise the world gets filled with guys who make Hall of Fames like drug addicts that struggle to come clean. i.e. Lawrence Taylor from the NFL. How many times was he given a second chance… There were so many stories about him on the news … even after retirement that it all blurred into one story. Now over time people are forgetting his actions because of other sports bad boys. These are the role models of our children? IS this all we have? The best we can do? NICE! I don’t even want to touch upon baseball… I have lost faith in the serious depth of it’s governing body. I used to say, “Barry Bonds!” That became, “Barry who?” which changed into, “Barry? Who cares!” It is that final label that the players want most, that means people have begun giving up the convictions and the issue is that much closer to slipping from mind… it isn’t forgiveness it becomes more like forget-ness and that is not a proper sentence for substance abuse. The worst thing is it becomes a terrible teaching tool to future generations of athletes.

In closing I want to say that it would be great if we could differentiate between drug addicts, cheaters and athletes.

ddfff

CJ Smith said:
Who is on this list?

Floyd Landis
Marco Pantani
David Millar
Ivan Basso
Jan Ulrich
Ricco what's his name...
Vino
Michael Rasmussen
"Tricky" Beltran

WHO ELSE???
rree

CJ Smith said:
Who is on this list?

Floyd Landis
Marco Pantani
David Millar
Ivan Basso
Jan Ulrich
Ricco what's his name...
Vino
Michael Rasmussen
"Tricky" Beltran

WHO ELSE???
aaaas

CJ Smith said:
Who is on this list?

Floyd Landis
Marco Pantani
David Millar
Ivan Basso
Jan Ulrich
Ricco what's his name...
Vino
Michael Rasmussen
"Tricky" Beltran

WHO ELSE???
ewww

CJ Smith said:
Who is on this list?

Floyd Landis
Marco Pantani
David Millar
Ivan Basso
Jan Ulrich
Ricco what's his name...
Vino
Michael Rasmussen
"Tricky" Beltran

WHO ELSE???
ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Just our of curiosity, have you ever worked in a lab analyzing urine? I have, it would not be hard to corrupt a sample to create a false positive is you wanted to. Having said that I really do not have a doubt that most of the cyclist from the 1999 tour were on something. At that time they were way ahead of the testers and the only way to get caught really was for the police to raid your hotel room and catch you using. I wonder from the retroactive study, were any of the results from other riders released? I do not remember them being release, it was merely Armstrong's who were released because the French have it out for him. If they wanted to clean up the sport they should start with the French teams from that time, that was where the worst of the cheaters were.
doctorSpoc said:
it's a long sworded tail..

the samples that contained EPO were from 1999... when a urine sample is taken from an athlete it's separated into an A vile and a B vile so it can go through the testing procedure twice so positives can be confirmed. the A samples were tested at that time.. a time when there was no test for EPO, so of course they came back negative... the B samples were never used since the A's were negative... but were kept frozen for research.

In 2005 the UCI ordered a retrospective research, anonymous test of the B samples left over from the 1999 tour in order to see how well their current tests were working.. 1999 would be at a time when no one was actually trying to hide their use since EPO was undetectable at the time... so they could also see what percentage of the peleton would use a product if it was undetectable.. there would be lots of use for the project...

when a urine sample is given the same code is attached to the paper work and the sample so that the sample, the paper work and the athlete can be linked up later. Unfortunately/fortunately WADA used this same code for its samples they tested in 2005... but they didn't have the paper work to link it to athletes, so the test was still anonymous.

long story short a scheming LeMond reporter who saw and had a copy of the results of 1999 B samples and saw the codes along the side managed to get Armstrong and the head of the UCI's permission to show him and even to photocopy Armstrong's paper work from 1999... under the false pretence that he wanted to write a story to prove that Armstrong didn't have any special permission to use EPO because of his cancer (a common misperception that some even now believe). anyway, with the forms from the 1999 tour that had the codes and the tests of the B samples from 1999, tested in 2005 which also had the same codes it was possible to see which samples were Armstrong's... turns out 6 of the sample from the 1999 tour that contained EPO over the limit were Armstrong's.

these results can never be used to ban or secure a positive result for Armstrong because 1) they are B samples and by the letter... you need an A and a B sample positive to get a positive test. 2) the WADA procedures were not followed to the letter since this was meant to be a research project and never meant to convict anyone.. but of course this is a world renowned lab... they did follow standard lab procedures

but you need to ask yourself if just two sample.. an A and a B can be used to corroborate each other and is enough to convict someone of drug use... what do you make of 6 samples, many on consecutive days of the tour that contain EPO? sure he can never be deemed positive officially because of the technicalities but C'MON... it's a technicality, the guy is guilty as hell... that's obvious to anyone with two brain cells to rub together.

youhaditcoming said:
I'm sorry but I've never seen your name or picture in any big race results, like you try to compare to Pro cyclists... and oh, yes, everyone doped but me
< ____ > (in the 90's with EPO)
COMPARE?
The "us" terminology used in a previous posting of mine refers to the cycling sport as one general body of people that enjoy the sport... This includes the low end bike shop owners and workers who get looked at or questioned by those who have no idea what is what within the sport we love. Not excluded in my usage of the term "us" is the American grandpa enthusiast, who was 40 and proud when LeMond won for the first time and still can't shake his love for the sport - even through all the drug circuses held annually. This is not just people who dress like (or copyright infringe the image of) Captain America (if that is your thing), or those who are wearing their aero/gremlin helmets on a routine Saturday club ride .

MY NAME?
I would never use my real name in a forum anyway... So you would never know if I was mentioned in any race results or not.

CLOSING:
In closing, please allow me to mention, through a simple and gentle explanation (leaving forked tongues at the door) that perhaps you should reread the posting topic. Notice that the posting was a question? One you overlooked and unfortunately failed to answer, but that is ok. Reread it again and the forum will both forgive you and give you another chance to reply. Mistakes happen, but I believe you are better than that. If I am incorrect (wouldn't be the first time), then to you I say, "You are the weakest link.. GOODBYE".

Good old Tommy Simpson.

Supposedly when he died in the Tour back in the late 60's (I think) he was on three or more illegal drugs.

Still an amazing story, though.