whos going to moab 2006?

maxisback wrote:
> well, there isnt any info on the web site so Im gonna ask...*Where is
> MOAB located *? any subcription fees ? where do I sleep ?.. give me
> info please. Im noob

I found the quote below, along with info on the rest of your questions,
with a single click off the main website (the MMF05 Info link). The
location of Moab can also be found in a single click via the "Map of
Moab" link.

Moab—*located in Southeastern Utah*—is the location of the famous
Slickrock trail, a well known bicycling Mecca attracting some 150,000
riders annually.

For more on lodging and logistics, see 'this post'
(http://tinyurl.com/c2t4u), which has more current info than the
website does. I found that thread by clicking the Search button, typing
in Moab, then clicking Go.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

I almost died in the heat in SB at the last CMW... honestly, I felt like
I was riding at 50% of my ability all day, if that. Moab sounds hot.
I'm just not designed for warm weather; I sweat like crazy in 70 degree
"heat"...
[image: http://lady_deathtouch.tripod.com/howtodraw/horse-1f.gif]
No sir, I don't like it.
I'll not be attending.

--
maestro8

Groucho Marx

maestro8 wrote:
> I almost died in the heat in SB at the last CMW... honestly, I felt like
> I was riding at 50% of my ability all day, if that. Moab sounds hot.
> I'm just not designed for warm weather; I sweat like crazy in 70 degree
> "heat"...
> [image: http://lady_deathtouch.tripod.com/howtodraw/horse-1f.gif]
> No sir, I don't like it.
> I'll not be attending.

Moab is high semi-desert. In March, that means you could have
temperatures in the 90s, or it could snow. The three years I've been
there, it's been in the 60s and 70s, with maybe one or two excursions
into the 80s. It's very dry, so it won't seem as hot as the same
temperature in a more humid place.

I've never felt as hot at Moab as I did on the first half of the Friday
ride at Santa Barbara this year. Endurance is more of an issue than
heat; the Slickrock Trail is more strenuous than any of the CMW rides
from this year.

--
tholub

unicyclistben wrote:
> im gunna try. i fly into salt lake yes?

maybe we could get the same plane outta LA...
or kyle, lloyd, kari and i'll be riding in moby... that's gonna be a
long drive...

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Mat.
-----------------------
SUPER AWEXOME SUPER-UNI SHIRTS! PREORDER YOURS
TODAY!!!http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44230
--"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
"abababilbel" - General Dibbles
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

I'm there.

to answer the question above, there are several planned rides, like one
or two a day. Other groups will be doing other trails for less or more
skilled people, extending rides, etc.

--
Fuego

"Get off my Property before you sue me!"
-Morons everywhere.

"Words and Guitar!"
- Sleater-Kinney.
Fuego's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6983

musketman wrote:
> i gotta couple questions to. is it like everyday they do the same rides,
> like the slickrock and that other one? And is there a destination or
> does everyone just mess around everywhere?

Look at moabmunifest.com at the info section.

Last year, on friday we did Moab Rim trail as a group. Saturday is the
day everyone usually does the slickrock trail, and is teh main riding
day. Since there were almsot 200 riders, age 6 to 60, not everyone rode
the whole 15 mile thing, some went halfway and turned around, some just
did the 2 mile practice loop, etc. Sunday we did Amassa back. So yes,
every day has a main ride organised that everyone does together. After
that people split off and go in smaller groups, mess around and stuff.

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

caw89 wrote:
> I am SO there! I think im going with my fam, but If i had to I would
> ride on the back of a smelly spitting camel the whole way!!!

Cool, we'll know who eachother are by our uni's....

Thats what I did last year.... I didnt know what people looked like,
but I knew several people by there unicycles. Catboy, for instance, has
a distinctive uni.

--

unicyclistben wrote:
> im gunna try. i fly into salt lake yes?

Yes, Salt Lake is probably your best bet, and most of the folks flying
in will go there. From Salt Lake, it's about 4.5 hours to Moab.

You can also fly to Grand Junction, Colorado, which is about a 2 hour
drive. Depending on where you're coming from and your airline, it's not
necessarily a time savings, however. Example: to get to Grand Junction
on Delta, you're going to route through Salt Lake regardless, so the
time spent in layover, changing planes, etc., could be spent driving
from Salt Lake.

That said, the drive from Grand Junction to Moab has some pretty 'sweet
views' (http://tinyurl.com/995mw) for the last 40 miles or so.

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...