whos going to moab 2006?

Discussion in 'rec.sport.unicycling' started by musketman, Dec 10, 2005.

  1. musketman

    musketman Guest

    Im pretty sure im going to moab, anyone else going? Id like you to say
    just so i can see the list of ppl going this year. ive heard from
    another thread that its March 24-26? at least i think it was.

    --
    musketman
    musketman's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9214

  2. Yep, thats what Rolf Thompson said.

    I'm going, my dad and brother are going, and we're bring a friend with
    us.

    --
    forrestunifreak

    warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
    it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
    it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
    and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
    'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

    'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

  3. mojobo1

    mojobo1 Guest

  4. Catboy

    Catboy Guest

  5. tholub

    tholub Guest

  6. jagur

    jagur Guest

    i wont be able to make it.

    --
    jagur

    theres enough BS in life, without mobius contributing.
    -forget_your_life-
    --------------------------------------
    -------*muni militia *-------
    *one wheeled death squad*

  7. markf

    markf Guest

  8. tomblackwood

    tomblackwood Guest

  9. tomblackwood

    tomblackwood Guest

  10. JackOlsen

    JackOlsen Guest

    I've been looking for things to do next semester because I'll have
    really long weekends. This sounds like a perfect event. Last time I
    was in moab I had only been on a unicycle two or three times but I
    remember thinking how amazing some of that stuff would be to ride.
    Anyone have some more info on what the event consists of?

    --
    JackOlsen
    JackOlsen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10930

  11. tomblackwood

    tomblackwood Guest

    JackOlsen wrote:
    > Anyone have some more info on what the event consists of?

    Yup. First, go 'here' (http://www.moabmunifest.com) for the event's
    main web site.

    From there, click around...you can find links to photos from past
    years, events/competitions and who won them, and general details on how
    the event is organized.

    If it stays true to format, Friday will be the early arrivers, and
    there will be one or more informal rides planned, including possibly
    the practice loop of the Slickrock Trail. Saturday is usually a big
    group ride, and has traditionally been on Slickrock Trail (full loop
    and practice loop depending on ability). Saturday night has an
    organized dinner, awards, etc. and is a lot of fun. Sunday is usually
    another long, challenging ride, and past years have included the
    Porcupine Rim trail and the Amassa Back trail. Some people camp, some
    people do motels. Riding is primarily muni, although some people bring
    trials unis and there are some good places for trials-type events.

    Turnout has grown steadily the last few years, and you could expect 100
    or so riders at least for 2006.

    There's no better place to be riding on that weekend!

    --
    tomblackwood

    Tailgate at your own risk...

  12. Tellurider

    Tellurider Guest

    Yep, it will be number five for me. Well almost, I broke my ankle on
    slick rock trail friday afternoon in 2002 and so I actualy missed it,
    but I went.

    --
    Tellurider

    There's a fine line between "Hobby" and "Mental Illness".
    Tellurider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4972

  13. tomblackwood wrote:

    > If it stays true to format, Friday will be the early arrivers, and
    > there will be one or more informal rides planned, including possibly
    > the practice loop of the Slickrock Trail. Saturday is usually a big
    > group ride, and has traditionally been on Slickrock Trail (full loop
    > and practice loop depending on ability). Saturday night has an
    > organized dinner, awards, etc. and is a lot of fun. Sunday is usually
    > another long, challenging ride, and past years have included the
    > Porcupine Rim trail and the Amassa Back trail. Some people camp, some
    > people do motels. Riding is primarily muni, although some people bring
    > trials unis and there are some good places for trials-type events.

    We get there really early then, on thursday...

    I think it would be nice if we planned on having a
    street-trials-freestyle ride, even somthing like just messing around
    with flatland tricks in the parkinglot, or whatever. It doesnt have to
    be a formal thing, just for fun.

    > Turnout has grown steadily the last few years, and you could expect 100
    > or so riders at least for 2006.

    I would say more than that, last year there was almost 200 riders,
    couldn't we expect more this year?

    --

  14. forrestunifreak wrote:
    > I think it would be nice if we planned on having a
    > street-trials-freestyle ride, even somthing like just messing around
    > with flatland tricks in the parkinglot, or whatever. It doesnt have to
    > be a formal thing, just for fun.

    Uhh, if it needn't be formal, why are you pushing for something
    scheduled... At muni weekends, those who want to exchange tricks will
    do it no matter what. It's not like time needs to be legislated for it.
    Personally, I'm not going to travel some 800 miles to ride in a parking
    lot. I won't be there.

    --
    gerblefranklin

    Nick's main man.

    "I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
    there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex

  15. gerblefranklin wrote:
    > Uhh, if it needn't be formal, why are you pushing for something
    > scheduled... At muni weekends, those who want to exchange tricks will
    > do it no matter what. It's not like time needs to be legislated for it.
    > Personally, I'm not going to travel some 800 miles to ride in a parking
    > lot. I won't be there.

    I just said it so people would have that idea in the back of they're
    mind and be ready for it.... and sheesh, it could be before or after
    the main ride. As an addition to the main rides.

    --

  16. gerblefranklin wrote:
    > Uhh, if it needn't be formal, why are you pushing for something
    > scheduled... At muni weekends, those who want to exchange tricks will
    > do it no matter what. It's not like time needs to be legislated for it.
    > Personally, I'm not going to travel some 800 miles to ride in a parking
    > lot. I won't be there.

    I just said it so people would have that idea in the back of they're
    mind and be ready for it.... and sheesh, it could be before or after
    the main ride. As an addition to the main rides.

    --
    forrestunifreak

    warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
    it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
    it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
    and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
    'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

    'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

  17. shadowuni

    shadowuni Guest

    need to find a way to make it there
    anyone know how i could get there for pretty cheap airfare? or go with
    someone?

    --
    shadowuni

    "No one is taller than the last man standing"
    My Give-A-Damn's Busted
    "Bullets! My only weakness! How did you know?" - Cop
    (I <3 Coker) "Maybe it means I have less than three cokers" - Klaas
    Bil
    "I think it means I AM less than three cokers" - Daino149
    shadowuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4806

  18. abbabibble

    abbabibble Guest

    i'm going even if i have to ride all the way there. On a 12", for that
    matter.

    --
    abbabibble

    Cheers, Mat.
    -----------------------
    SUPER AWEXOME SUPER-UNI SHIRTS! PREORDER YOURS
    TODAY!!!http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44230
    --"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
    "abababilbel" - General Dibbles
    abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

  19. maxisback

    maxisback Guest

  20. mscalisi

    mscalisi Guest

    Its located in
    'Moab, UT' (http://www.google.com/maps?q=moab,+ut&hl=en)

    ...its usually a few bucks to register

    You can camp or stay at a hotel...whichever your budget prefers

    for more info goto http://www.moabmunifest.com

    --
    mscalisi
    mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961