whos going to moab 2006?

Yep, thats what Rolf Thompson said.

I'm going, my dad and brother are going, and we're bring a friend with
us.

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

I've been looking for things to do next semester because I'll have
really long weekends. This sounds like a perfect event. Last time I
was in moab I had only been on a unicycle two or three times but I
remember thinking how amazing some of that stuff would be to ride.
Anyone have some more info on what the event consists of?

--
JackOlsen
JackOlsen's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10930

JackOlsen wrote:
> Anyone have some more info on what the event consists of?

Yup. First, go 'here' (http://www.moabmunifest.com) for the event's
main web site.

From there, click around...you can find links to photos from past
years, events/competitions and who won them, and general details on how
the event is organized.

If it stays true to format, Friday will be the early arrivers, and
there will be one or more informal rides planned, including possibly
the practice loop of the Slickrock Trail. Saturday is usually a big
group ride, and has traditionally been on Slickrock Trail (full loop
and practice loop depending on ability). Saturday night has an
organized dinner, awards, etc. and is a lot of fun. Sunday is usually
another long, challenging ride, and past years have included the
Porcupine Rim trail and the Amassa Back trail. Some people camp, some
people do motels. Riding is primarily muni, although some people bring
trials unis and there are some good places for trials-type events.

Turnout has grown steadily the last few years, and you could expect 100
or so riders at least for 2006.

There's no better place to be riding on that weekend!

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

tomblackwood wrote:

> If it stays true to format, Friday will be the early arrivers, and
> there will be one or more informal rides planned, including possibly
> the practice loop of the Slickrock Trail. Saturday is usually a big
> group ride, and has traditionally been on Slickrock Trail (full loop
> and practice loop depending on ability). Saturday night has an
> organized dinner, awards, etc. and is a lot of fun. Sunday is usually
> another long, challenging ride, and past years have included the
> Porcupine Rim trail and the Amassa Back trail. Some people camp, some
> people do motels. Riding is primarily muni, although some people bring
> trials unis and there are some good places for trials-type events.

We get there really early then, on thursday...

I think it would be nice if we planned on having a
street-trials-freestyle ride, even somthing like just messing around
with flatland tricks in the parkinglot, or whatever. It doesnt have to
be a formal thing, just for fun.

> Turnout has grown steadily the last few years, and you could expect 100
> or so riders at least for 2006.

I would say more than that, last year there was almost 200 riders,
couldn't we expect more this year?

--

forrestunifreak wrote:
> I think it would be nice if we planned on having a
> street-trials-freestyle ride, even somthing like just messing around
> with flatland tricks in the parkinglot, or whatever. It doesnt have to
> be a formal thing, just for fun.

Uhh, if it needn't be formal, why are you pushing for something
scheduled... At muni weekends, those who want to exchange tricks will
do it no matter what. It's not like time needs to be legislated for it.
Personally, I'm not going to travel some 800 miles to ride in a parking
lot. I won't be there.

--
gerblefranklin

Nick's main man.

"I love freedom dearly, ideally, in theory, but in reality we're not
there yet--Not nearly."--Cold Duck Complex

gerblefranklin wrote:
> Uhh, if it needn't be formal, why are you pushing for something
> scheduled... At muni weekends, those who want to exchange tricks will
> do it no matter what. It's not like time needs to be legislated for it.
> Personally, I'm not going to travel some 800 miles to ride in a parking
> lot. I won't be there.

I just said it so people would have that idea in the back of they're
mind and be ready for it.... and sheesh, it could be before or after
the main ride. As an addition to the main rides.

--

gerblefranklin wrote:
> Uhh, if it needn't be formal, why are you pushing for something
> scheduled... At muni weekends, those who want to exchange tricks will
> do it no matter what. It's not like time needs to be legislated for it.
> Personally, I'm not going to travel some 800 miles to ride in a parking
> lot. I won't be there.

I just said it so people would have that idea in the back of they're
mind and be ready for it.... and sheesh, it could be before or after
the main ride. As an addition to the main rides.

--
forrestunifreak

warning: the above statement is usually not intended to offend anyone.
it has been know to cause warts, ringworm, and diaper rash.
it may contain logic, poltical incorrectyness, pchycological nudity,
and traces of peanuts.you cant read this!
'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

'Seattle Bike Supply' (http://www.seattlebikesupply.com)

need to find a way to make it there
anyone know how i could get there for pretty cheap airfare? or go with
someone?

--
shadowuni

"No one is taller than the last man standing"
My Give-A-Damn's Busted
"Bullets! My only weakness! How did you know?" - Cop
(I <3 Coker) "Maybe it means I have less than three cokers" - Klaas
Bil
"I think it means I AM less than three cokers" - Daino149
shadowuni's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4806

i'm going even if i have to ride all the way there. On a 12", for that
matter.

--
abbabibble

Cheers, Mat.
-----------------------
SUPER AWEXOME SUPER-UNI SHIRTS! PREORDER YOURS
TODAY!!!http://unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44230
--"to maxis: STOP. GRAMMAR TIME." -Fwgen0moB?
"abababilbel" - General Dibbles
abbabibble's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10751

Its located in
'Moab, UT' (http://www.google.com/maps?q=moab,+ut&hl=en)

...its usually a few bucks to register

You can camp or stay at a hotel...whichever your budget prefers

for more info goto http://www.moabmunifest.com

--
mscalisi
mscalisi's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4961