wireless computer max range

Discussion in 'Cycling Equipment' started by Jim Hall, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. Jim Hall

    Jim Hall Guest

    does any one know of wireless computer with more than a 60 cm. range
    from the transmitter? I think Mavec does, but opening there are others.

    Tags:

  2. Terry Morse

    Terry Morse Guest

    Jim Hall wrote:

    > does any one know of wireless computer with more than a 60 cm. range
    > from the transmitter?

    You can extend the range of a Polar wireless speed sensor by opening
    it up and moving a jumper wire. I've been able to mount the sensor
    on the rear wheel with this technique, but reportedly it wears down
    the sensor battery more quickly.

  3. Tim McNamara

    Tim McNamara Guest

    Jim Hall <[email protected]> writes:

    > does any one know of wireless computer with more than a 60 cm. range
    > from the transmitter? I think Mavec does, but opening there are
    > others.

    The Sigma and Cateye wireless units have a claimed range of 70 cm.
    IME this is accurate for the Sigma.