wireless computer max range

Jim Hall

Guest
does any one know of wireless computer with more than a 60 cm. range
from the transmitter? I think Mavec does, but opening there are others.

Jim Hall wrote:

> does any one know of wireless computer with more than a 60 cm. range
> from the transmitter?

You can extend the range of a Polar wireless speed sensor by opening
it up and moving a jumper wire. I've been able to mount the sensor
on the rear wheel with this technique, but reportedly it wears down
the sensor battery more quickly.

Jim Hall <[email protected]> writes:

> does any one know of wireless computer with more than a 60 cm. range
> from the transmitter? I think Mavec does, but opening there are
> others.

The Sigma and Cateye wireless units have a claimed range of 70 cm.
IME this is accurate for the Sigma.