Witness tampering a FELONY in California

On May 18, 6:14 am, [email protected] wrote:
> Will, Will, Will.........

"He said 'Hi Greg, this is your uncle. This is your uncle Ron and I'm
going to be there tomorrow,'" LeMond recalled. "I said, 'Who is this?'
He said, 'I'm going to be there and we can talk about how we used to
hide your weenie.' I got the picture right away that there are very
few people who know about that. I figured this was intimidation."

The three-time Tour champ said the caller then hung up, and when
LeMond redialed he got a voicemail message identifying the call
recipient as "Will."

LeMond said he tried calling back three more times, finally getting an
answer from someone who identified himself only as "Bill." The
conversation was inconclusive, so LeMond hung up and then called the
police. A subsequent check of the number saved on LeMond's mobile
phone showed that it belonged to Landis's business manager Will
Geoghegan.

LeMond said he was surprised when Landis called him last August.

photo: Agence France Presse - 2007

USADA counsel Barnett then pointed out Geoghegan who was present in
the courtroom, seated directly behind the Landis legal team. Geoghegan
is a long-time friend of Landis, and the two were once mountain-bike
teammates before Landis made the switch to road racing.

Barnett proceeded to place a Witness Tampering report against
Geoghegan on the courtroom's overhead projector. As in most states,
witness tampering is a felony in California. Meanwhile, Landis defense
team lead attorney Maurice Suh spent several minutes conferring with
Geoghegan, whose face and neck were noticeably red.

So LeMond said that Geoghand or whatever his name is said this and that.
That is certainly proof enough to cite Witness Tampering.

After all, we all know that LeMond is completely above making false
accusations or misunderstanding someone else entirely.

On May 19, 5:14 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
> So LeMond said that Geoghand or whatever his name is said this and that.
> That is certainly proof enough to cite Witness Tampering.

dumbass,

the guy tried to blackmail lemond and lemond called his bluff. the
fact that is happened is proven by the fact that lemond traced back
his number (something this will dude didn't count on) and the fact he
tried to apologize and later admitted to it and was fired on the
spot.

what we don't know is if he was ordered to harass lemond by landis --
something landis himself tried to do on the dailypeloton forum.

> After all, we all know that LeMond is completely above making false
> accusations or misunderstanding someone else entirely.

i don't see what lemond has to gain by smearing floyd. he entered the
fray because the media asked his take and when he did floyd contacted
him and made what was a weak confession.

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
> On May 19, 5:14 pm, "Tom Kunich" <cyclintom@yahoo. com> wrote:
>> So LeMond said that Geoghand or whatever his name is said this and that.
>> That is certainly proof enough to cite Witness Tampering.

> dumbass,
>
> the guy tried to blackmail lemond and lemond called his bluff.

And of course you know all this because you were there.

I do have to admit that reading your postings adds a certain zest to the
day. Like watching a drunken wino throwing up his last half bottle of Gallo.