UK and Europe · Public discussion

Wobbly Hub

Started by Keith Willoughb · · Last activity · 43 posts · 1,680 views

Thread navigation

Jump through the discussion

Go to the original post, the replies on this page, or the latest preserved contribution.

Thread details

What we know about this thread

Original section
UK and Europe
Published
2 June 2004
Last activity
4 June 2004
Original author
Keith Willoughb
Posts
43
Discussion status
Public discussion
Total views
1,680
Views / 30 days
0

The navigation and discussion metadata provide context. Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Showing posts 41–43 of 43
Posts remain in their original chronological order.

Text size
  1. Ian Blake said:

    Unfortunately Ton cycles is your best bet for that kind
    of thing. Despite Steves and Pauls apparent attitude
    Ton cycles is one of the least incompetent shops in
    South Wales.

    I gave them three opportunities to earn my business, which
    is two more than they deserved.

    Quoted message said:

    One of the reasons they were unhelpful is that you had
    walked into the shop and demanded maintenance now.

    I did no such thing. I said "There's play in my rear hub. Do
    you think you could adjust it?" I didn't even go in with the
    bike. I certainly never mentioned a time frame.

    Quoted message said:

    "Just tighten my cones, it will not take long."

    Never said that.

    Quoted message said:

    That shop does not sell many bikes they make their
    living reparing and servicing bikes. At this time of
    year they always have two to five days work in the job
    queue. They operate on a fair first come first serve
    basis. The only way they could serve you would be to
    pull a current job off the work stand and do your job.
    That is not fair to the rest of us, (One of my bikes was
    being repaired last week).

    And I never asked them to. In fact, just before I walked
    out, I asked them when they could fit it in, and he said
    that afternoon. By that time, given that I couldn't even get
    him to tell me what the various scenarios would likely be,
    I'd already decided to go to someone who gave a [censored] about
    basic civility, but I never demanded instant service.

    Quoted message said:

    My experience of the shop is mostly good. But I have to
    agree that my friends should not take a bad day at the
    office out on new customers.

    Three bad days at the office out of three. Maybe they're in
    the wrong business.

    Quoted message said:

    I have met too many people who are unhappy with the human
    interface of the shop. Although some customers (not you,
    I'm sure) deserve it.

    --
    Keith Willoughby flat222.orgkeith Simplify

  2. Keith Willoughby said:

    David Martin wrote:

    [...]

    Quoted message said:

    Job done.

    Ta.

    I've had to postpone the refitting. The damned axle was
    bent (which might explain why it there was play!) and
    Halfords were out of stock. Have to go to a bike shop
    tomorrow for a new one. *sigh*.

    Unfortunately Ton cycles is your best bet for that kind of
    thing. Despite Steves and Pauls apparent attitude Ton cycles
    is one of the least incompetent shops in South Wales.

    One of the reasons they were unhelpful is that you had
    walked into the shop and demanded maintenance now. "Just
    tighten my cones, it will not take long." That shop does not
    sell many bikes they make their living reparing and
    servicing bikes. At this time of year they always have two
    to five days work in the job queue. They operate on a fair
    first come first serve basis. The only way they could serve
    you would be to pull a current job off the work stand and do
    your job. That is not fair to the rest of us, (One of my
    bikes was being repaired last week).

    My experience of the shop is mostly good. But I have to
    agree that my friends should not take a bad day at the
    office out on new customers. I have met too many people who
    are unhappy with the human interface of the shop. Although
    some customers (not you, I'm sure) deserve it.

  3. Quoted message said:

    I gave them three opportunities to earn my business, which
    is two more than they deserved.

    I agree.

    Quoted message said:


    Quoted message said:

    One of the reasons they were unhelpful is that you had
    walked into the shop and demanded maintenance now.

    I did no such thing. I said "There's play in my rear hub.
    Do you think you could adjust it?" I didn't even go in with
    the bike. I certainly never mentioned a time frame.

    Quoted message said:

    "Just tighten my cones, it will not take long."

    Never said that.

    Sorry, Fair enough I misinterpreted the scenario. You
    deserve much better treatment.

Active in the last 60 minutes

Active in this thread

0 users · 0 guests ·0 bots ·0 total

No signed-in users are active right now.

No known search crawlers active right now.