Wonthaggi 24hr HPV Grand Prix - Test Ride

adam85 wrote:
> Hey I didn't realise the race had already happened. Beauty! That's a
> pretty trick and futuristic looking machine, but I liked the nude
> carbon look more as well. Looks like you guys did a pretty good job
> smashing it up. Luckily gaffa tape and zip ties fix just about anything
> hey. From the way you described it no wonder your legs are smashed. Does
> this mean you've bought a pair of SPD sandals and long socks yet? :)

I haven't done any hard riding since. I'm still trying to get my sleep
patterns back to normal.

In true 'bent form, I wouldn't buy new sandals, no no no, I will simply
take a Stanley knife and some duct tape to my Shimmy's:
http://www.thehippy.net/nucleus/index.php?itemid=128 :D

Socks are on order from here:
http://www.sock-dreams.com/_shop/pages/socks_cat_CategoryID_87.php

hippy
"nothing but the longest!"

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:22:16 GMT, TimC
<[email protected]> wrote:

>W00t! Good work... I'm jealous.

I'll swap your jealousy for my **** - it felt like I'd spent 48 hours
in the barrel at the butt-bangers-ball.

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 at 01:28 GMT, Carl Brewer (aka Bruce)
> On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:22:16 GMT, TimC
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>

>>W00t! Good work... I'm jealous.

> I'll swap your jealousy for my **** - it felt like I'd spent 48 hours
> in the barrel at the butt-bangers-ball.

You might want to put a seat on the seat post then ;)

Ouch!

Perl 6 will give you the big knob. -- Larry Wall

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 at 23:38 GMT, adam85 (aka Bruce)
> hippy Wrote:
>> WE WON!!

> Hey I didn't realise the race had already happened. Beauty! That's a
> pretty trick and futuristic looking machine, but I liked the nude
> carbon look more as well.

Same.

> Looks like you guys did a pretty good job smashing it up. Luckily
> gaffa tape and zip ties fix just about anything hey.

I've never seen the effect of broken carbon fibre before - looks much
like fibre glass. Wasn't quite as catastrophic as I was lead to
believe.

Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons -- Simpsons

TimC wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 at 01:28 GMT, Carl Brewer (aka Bruce)
>
>>On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 13:22:16 GMT, TimC
>><[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>>>W00t! Good work... I'm jealous.

>>I'll swap your jealousy for my **** - it felt like I'd spent 48 hours
>>in the barrel at the butt-bangers-ball.

> You might want to put a seat on the seat post then ;)

Don't mention wedgie saddles to 'bent riders.. ;)

I had no probs with vehicle comfort. It was forcing the muscles to work
at TT+ levels in an unfamiliar position that caused the "discomfort".

hippy
"jelly legs"

TimC wrote:
> I've never seen the effect of broken carbon fibre before - looks much
> like fibre glass. Wasn't quite as catastrophic as I was lead to
> believe.

Depends on the nature of the carbon fibre I guess. Smash a carbon arrow
into a steel post at 200fps and you get to see some real carbon carnage.
Just don't get the splinters in your skin when you pick it up.

hippy

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 02:23:13 GMT, hippy <[email protected]>
wrote:

>TimC wrote:
>> On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 at 01:28 GMT, Carl Brewer (aka Bruce)
>> was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

>>>I'll swap your jealousy for my **** - it felt like I'd spent 48 hours
>>>in the barrel at the butt-bangers-ball.

>> You might want to put a seat on the seat post then ;)

>Don't mention wedgie saddles to 'bent riders.. ;)

Do we really qualify as benters?

>I had no probs with vehicle comfort. It was forcing the muscles to work
>at TT+ levels in an unfamiliar position that caused the "discomfort".

I found the solid sheet of aluminium as a seat to be a major issue,
as did a few of the others. But. maybe we have less builtin padding?

Carl Brewer said:
I found the solid sheet of aluminium as a seat to be a major issue,
as did a few of the others. But. maybe we have less builtin padding?

hoho! the big men fly!!
guessin next sprint session is gonna be hippy blocking carl everytime. hehe

Carl Brewer wrote:

>>>You might want to put a seat on the seat post then ;)

>>Don't mention wedgie saddles to 'bent riders.. ;)

> Do we really qualify as benters?

Not us.. "the others.."

>>I had no probs with vehicle comfort. It was forcing the muscles to work
>>at TT+ levels in an unfamiliar position that caused the "discomfort".

> I found the solid sheet of aluminium as a seat to be a major issue,
> as did a few of the others. But. maybe we have less builtin padding?

That would be certain.

hippy

flyingdutch wrote:
> Carl Brewer Wrote:
>>I found the solid sheet of aluminium as a seat to be a major issue,
>>as did a few of the others. But. maybe we have less builtin padding?

> hoho! the big men fly!!
> guessin next sprint session is gonna be hippy blocking carl everytime.
> hehe

Oh, I do that anyway.. he likes it :p

hippy