yes or no?

Apologies.

Cuervo is correct.

I use an A T Cross pen (following on from Prodir).

Do you use a pen? And if so what make is it?

No, well, I don’t bring any pen with me, but I use anything with ink inside when I have to write a check or a note. I had a set of wonderful Montblanc's that my parents gave me when I finished the college, then I got haired as computer system designer and the pen lost it's use, I can't write at the screen (and I DIDN'T try!)

It's the lust for a new bike/wheelset/group/accessory ever stops?

cuervo said:
No, well, I don’t bring any pen with me, but I use anything with ink inside when I have to write a check or a note. I had a set of wonderful Montblanc's that my parents gave me when I finished the college, then I got haired as computer system designer and the pen lost it's use, I can't write at the screen (and I DIDN'T try!)

It's the lust for a new bike/wheelset/group/accessory ever stops?
the lust for better/new stuff may not EVER cease. when/if it does, the cycling world as we know it will either be perfect, or gone.

will Lance ever race professionally again?

apple_boy_ said:
the lust for better/new stuff may not EVER cease. when/if it does, the cycling world as we know it will either be perfect, or gone.

will Lance ever race professionally again?

This question seems to have usw all stumped.....

JAPANic said:
This question seems to have usw all stumped.....
I'll answer. Not in cycling. But my question is...

With Armstrong running the NYC marathon and his success as a triathlete in his teen years, can we really believe him when he says he has no intetion of getting back into triathlon?

If he wanted to, and trained for it, he could sure make a run at winning an Ironman title, maybe even Kona.

Hehe yes. That`s what he`ll do! As retired cyclist with plenty of million $ and a lot of hot chicks around him, returning to triathlon is probably the worst thing he can do!:rolleyes: Answer is definitely NO.

My question: would you run NYC marathon one year after finishing a carrer of one of the best cyclists ever?

Virenque said:
Hehe yes. That`s what he`ll do! As retired cyclist with plenty of million $ and a lot of hot chicks around him, returning to triathlon is probably the worst thing he can do!:rolleyes: Answer is definitely NO.

My question: would you run NYC marathon one year after finishing a carrer of one of the best cyclists ever?
yes why not - my q is how long will it take to beat 7 tour victories in a row?

svbiker said:
yes why not - my q is how long will it take to beat 7 tour victories in a row?
I think if T. Dekker doesn't do it, it may not be done for about 40 ears because of the specialization, and it seems to be that there could be several riders over the course of the next 10-15 years to battle for the title, while Lance in reality had 2 constant competitors to contend with (Beloki and Ullrich).

My Question: With McEwen and Boonene looking to take alot of stages in the sprints, do you think another sprinter will win a stage (I.e. Zabel, Hushovd, Bennati)?

Yeah, I think a sprinter stage will be won by another rider, whether he is a sprinter or not is a definiton-nitpicking question, as no professional GT cyclist is a true sprinter like the trackies.

My Q: Do the american riders have a dope advantage due to a proximity issue/ pharmaceutical contacts, or are they better because the american organizations are just playing cover-up like they did with King Carl?

Better because their covering up like for king carl

My question- Has anyone ever won the tour without been doped up to their eyeballs?:mad:

superdanuk said:
Better because their covering up like for king carl

My question- Has anyone ever won the tour without been doped up to their eyeballs?:mad:
Yes I prefer to think that way...I think the whole idea of doping and steroids is stupid. In years past they did not have the knowlegde to use these type of drugs to enhance your preformace..similar to they did not have the same type of bike technology that we do now to enhance their performace. If everyone uses steroids and doping than the field is even...correct?

Would a great cyclist of years past be able to beat a great cyclist with today's bikes? All else equal...

Also will the spinning style lance made famous get replaced with a better style like maybe Jan's style now?

You can figure out my answers...:D

-john sirabella

jsirabella said:
Would a great cyclist of years past be able to beat a great cyclist with today's bikes? All else equal...
yes, and vice-versa.
jsirabella said:
Also will the spinning style lance made famous get replaced with a better style like maybe Jan's style now?
no, not replaced. various styles will continue to exist as different approaches work better for different riders.

Q: Will Landis ever admit guilt?

ishiwata said:
yes, and vice-versa.

no, not replaced. various styles will continue to exist as different approaches work better for different riders.

Q: Will Landis ever admit guilt?
no, i don't think so. i think he will try ot go the lance route and court a primarily american fanbase. even when his MJ is taken and he is supended 2 years, i think he won't admit anything so (casual) american fans can be naive enough to support him.

my q: what is the best road bike for the money in the $1200 range?

superdanuk said:
no

Will rasmussen win k.o.m in tour?
No.

Is retired American Pro cyclist and current USCF Junior coach David Brinton really Jack Lawrence, **** star??

SaintAndrew said:
my q: what is the best road bike for the money in the $1200 range?
Giant OCR 2

My Q
is cycling too expensive of a hobby and thats why most Americans arent into it

No, Americans in general do not consider cycling a sport. It is considered a recreational activity at best and now a way to burn calories. Unless they can watch it on TV, it will never catch on, for TV you need advertising dollars and ironically while the rich are into it now, they can not find the dollars. Even though now it has become the sport of the "rich" replacing golf or a "culture" among the messengers who have now formed a larger group, it is just not a sport kids can relate to. It is unfortunate but it really only for the few who fall in love with it and do not care about the popularity.

I fall in between the two categories, a messenger during college "before it was cool and a culture" to a guy who has his own business and now over 40 trying to get my last glory and stay in shape. I really can not get enough of it but really love weights lifting also.

Just got back from Race2Replace and can say it will never become a major sports in the USA...Not even Lance can do it...But keep on the fight for cures to cancer!!

Q.
How do you rank cycling compared to basketball, baseball, football, soccer and tennis in terms of how fit a person must be and which is tougher to compete in...

RaiderRider said:
Giant OCR 2

My Q
is cycling too expensive of a hobby and thats why most Americans arent into it