YHA Local Groups web site relaunched

Phil Manning wrote:
> Chris Hunt from Leicester YHA Group has relaunched his YHA local groups
>
> web site at: www.yhagroup.org.uk

I noticed in teh latest copy of Triangle that there are now no YH north
of Newcastle. Wooler, Byrness, Bellingham and Acomb are closing.

Bah and double Bah if you want to go cycle touring through
Northumberland.

...d

"David Martin" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> Phil Manning wrote:
>> Chris Hunt from Leicester YHA Group has relaunched his YHA local groups
>>
>> web site at: www.yhagroup.org.uk

> I noticed in teh latest copy of Triangle that there are now no YH north
> of Newcastle. Wooler, Byrness, Bellingham and Acomb are closing.
>
> Bah and double Bah if you want to go cycle touring through
> Northumberland.
>
> ..d

after a long long time I have abandoned Youth Hotels Association this year.
Not my style at all.

It is a sorry state of affairs when it is impossible to travel from hostel
to hostel without booking 6 months in advance.
It is the same "pc" world that gave "protection" to children and then we
find that we are terrorised by children. As a boy/youth/young man I
travelled all over UK and then Europe. I mixed with all age groups younger
and older and I had a good time and I learned how to behave sensibly. When I
was younger I was sometimes verbally kicked up the "*ss" -- rarely -- but I
did get out of order now and then. I enjoyed hostelling so much. It was a
haven at the end of a long hiking day and fun -- and the job was also to be
done properly without hassle.

Sorry YHA but you have lost your way --

Youth used to mean a state of mind and awareness --- not an actually age
group. I met young people of all ages as I also grew older and I am still
young in mind at 69! Meeting younger aged people also keeps me alert and
young in mind.

I find every year, on my cycle/camping tours, that I forget that I'm an old
"f*rt", and mix and chat with all kinds & ages of folk and they ( and I)
never seem to worry about age -- we are just meeting new people and sharing
time together.

I have gone off at a tangent again -- I am wont to do that occasionally!

Sorry!

Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,
England, United Kingdom.
www.tapan.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

"Pinky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

> It is a sorry state of affairs when it is impossible to travel from hostel
> to hostel without booking 6 months in advance.
> It is the same "pc" world that gave "protection" to children and then we
> find that we are terrorised by children.

> I have gone off at a tangent again -- I am wont to do that occasionally!

In that vein : the demise of the YHA isn't due to a "pc" world.

clive

Quoting Clive George <[email protected]>:
>"Pinky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>It is the same "pc" world that gave "protection" to children and then we
>>find that we are terrorised by children.

>In that vein : the demise of the YHA isn't due to a "pc" world.

And it's a load of **** anyway. Some urc readers probably remember Mods
and Rockers. Victorian London had what Holmes refers to as "street Arabs".
Anyone suggesting teenage crime is a new thing needs a proctologist to
find their head for them.
--
OPTIONS=name:Kirsty,menustyle:C,female,lit_corridor,standout,time,showexp,hilit
e_pet,catname:Akane,dogname:Ryoga,fruit:eek:konomiyaki,pickup_types:"!$?=/,scores:

"David Damerell" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:Hev*[email protected]...
> Quoting Clive George <[email protected]>:
> >"Pinky" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> >>It is the same "pc" world that gave "protection" to children and then we
> >>find that we are terrorised by children.

> >In that vein : the demise of the YHA isn't due to a "pc" world.

I've been looking at SYH's in the Highlands for a trip to Beleach na Ba; I
see the Torridon one only opens beginning of March, prior to that it's "rent
a hostel" a la English / Welsh ones at the weekend, is this recent or do
they all shut down for normal service of the winter?